Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tuesday Tidbits

We went to the lake this weekend. I did nothing. In fact, like Jenny from Forrest Gump, I slept and slept and slept. I figured since my nice husband was going to be out of town this weekend and next weekend, he could take over the parenting. If you call hanging out on the computer and watching the entire Star Wars Trilogy while the kids tear the place apart, then yeah, he was parenting, but whatever, at least I wasn't doing anything.

I am now wishing we had found out if the baby is a boy or a girl. We spent the entire three hour drive up to the lake going over boy names and could not find ONE name that we liked enough to moniker our child with. Jacob's suggestion was Baxter and, thank you, but we are having a baby not a bassett hound, so he doesn't get a say there. I found myself looking at everything on the drive home and seeing how that would work......Rooter, Valero, Sonic, Exit.....we just do not like boy names. I am considering taking out an ad on ebay giving someone the right to name my kid for the right price. It can't be worse than Peterbilt.

I couldn't believe when my home page popped up last week with the news that Anna Nicole Smith had died. What, you didn't know that? You must be living in a cave or the snowstorms have left you without power and cable for the past week. Now, it wasn't like I was a big fan or anything, I mean, what did she really do besides that horrible show on E! a few years back, but as a mom I felt for her when her son passed away this summer right after she had that baby. I cannot even imagine anything more depressing. Plus, my headline said ANS dead at 39 and, uh, I am pretty close to 39 so it made my heart stop just a bit. As if I didn't have enough lingering fears that I would die during my c-section leaving my kids motherless and missing out on all the moments of their lives, 39 was emblazoned in bold type to make me just a little bit sick. Of course, I don't have a drug habit and steer away from breast augmentations, but still. That poor, poor baby. I hope they find out once and for all who the daddy is, because all these fame seeking weirdos coming out of the weeds everyday is very, very sad.

Today is my mom's birthday. She is snowed in and can't do anything, but it's her birthday nonetheless. Did I mention before that her brother and sisters (except one) didn't make it to the age she is today? I am so, so grateful that she had that surgery and is doing well. I have no idea how I would make it without her, even if she is 1,300 miles away.






Roxanne.....

Ok, I don't dig awards shows and I don't keep up with the latest music trends because I am stuck in the 80s and refuse to leave, but when I heard The Police were going to perform on the Grammys, I tuned in. Thank goodness they sang at the very beginning so I didn't have to watch the rest of it and could tune my tube to Nancy Grace and the continuing Anna Nicole saga, but man, I loved The Police. They did not disappoint me. Must go find twenty year old Synchronicity tank top ASAP.

5 comments:

OneHungMan said...

Let's see...eyes mostly shut for the picture, must be Jacob.

OneHung too was shocked to hear about Anna.

L said...

I had to laugh at your name brainstorm session. I have a friend with a nephew named Clutch. It always makes me think of driving a stick shift.
I'm glad you were able to get some rest.

Lori said...

GOOD for you for taking it easy!! Why is it that we mommas never believe we deserve it?

Have you thought of or heard the name Asher? I've heard that a couple of times and really like it. You guys seem to like more traditional names though, but I thought I'd toss it out there.

Good luck! I hate the name game too...Landon wasn't named for about 8 hours after his birth...it sucked!

Lynsey said...

Glad you were able to rest!!! And I was just as shocked over the Anna Nicole thing...that was a real shocker. I just hope her baby ends up in good hands.

Sadie said...

I am very proud of you for getting some well-deserved rest.

LOL at Baxter the Bassett Hound. I had a lab named Baxter.

How bout Jonah? Jonah's my favorite. Sam? Noah? Luke?