Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Greasy Goodness Part Deux




You think I would learn from past mistakes....


I have not yet mastered the art of chasing a two year old and nursing a baby simultaneously, don't judge me.


We lost Adam again this morning. I thought he was downstairs with my mom, she thought he was upstairs with me and when comparing notes discovered that neither one of us had a clue where he had been for ten minutes and a quick sweep found him in Elizabeth's room with an industrial, Sam's Club size jar of Vaseline....or what was left of the Vaseline anyway.

FYI....Vaseline is MUCH harder to clean than Vaporub and there's no pleasant smell to open your sinuses as you do.

So....today we bid farewell to two of Jacob's beloved stuffed animals (he hasn't noticed yet), a couple of pacifiers, the baby's ultracool aquarium play mat, and one very cute fishy green outfit that I was a tad attached to as Jacob wore it continuously his entire second year. The daddy is also going to be less than pleased to see the new shiny spots on the wall and carpet. He's also not going to like the broken, bent-up window screen either, but I am still wondering what it was doing in the house to begin with.

I am afraid to see what might happen tomorrow.

10 comments:

JNas said...

Nice!! I didn't blog this but the other day the twins got a hold of lysol bathroom cleaner w/ bleach while I was in the shower and sprayed it all over the clothes in the laundry room. Of course they were all my clothes...all ruined! oh and my nose hairs were burning from the lovely bleach smell.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Well, he's nice and shiney. Look at that face! He's too cute to be mad at. Sorry about the stuffed animals though. No judging here. Just a sigh and a thought that tomorrow could be my day.

Lori said...

Oh my GOSH!!!!! I'm just waiting for my turn with the Greasy Goodness experience. I KNOW that it will be Landon who does it.

((((hugs)))) There is no one in this world who can possibly juggle being attached at the boob to an infant and a mischevious two year old! You're doing GREAT girl!!!

He's so cute..I agree...too cute to be mad at!

Shane H. said...

Well, he looks cute in the picture! I'm glad you are still able to have a sense of humore about it. By the way, tell you mom "hello" from one WV gal to another.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh, Adam, Adam, Adam.... Thank God you're so cute, or Mom would have duct taped you to the floor long ago.

Miss Hope said...

I feel your pain. My boy has a new obsession with his toy boat and the bathroom sink. He succeeded in the Niagra Falls effect yesterday and I had 2 inches of water on the bathroom floor before I knew it.

Bright side? I won't have to mop in there this week.

Always a bright side. Has to be or else all us mommies would be huddling crying masses found in dark corners!

shaz said...

oh my! I can soooo relate! My middle boy totally ADORES vasaline!

Sadie said...

Oh my. Yeah, I bet the Vaporub was much nicer on the nose.

He sure does like to be lubricated. :)

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

oh my!
I hope Zoe never finds the vaseline.

OneHungMan said...

YoungHung discovered Vaseline about a year and a half ago. It was fun for a while, but when Daddy started scrubbing to get it off, he decided it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.