Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Treasure Tuesday

I don't have many tangible treasures here in West Virginia, since all my sentimental stuff is back home, but I did receive a sweet treasure yesterday morning from my husband...these beautiful flowers he had delivered for our anniversary. I don't get many flower arrangements, remember my husband and I are cheap so when we weigh the fact that a flower delivery can set us back fifty bucks, we usually decide to spend the fifty bucks on, say, groceries or a dinner out. The year Jacob was born we were so sleep deprived and half crazy that we almost let the day pass so I got my husband a half-gallon of ice cream while he treated me to a 2-liter of vanilla coke (my first taste and the beginning of my soda love affair). You know what? I was thrilled with that vanilla coke; I'm pretty low maintenance that way, but these flowers were such a nice surprise and we are all enjoying them so much, especially Phoebe the cat who tries to snack on them behind our backs.

I think the gorgeous little dude next to them is somewhat of a treasure too.

2 comments:

sweet memories said...

sweet hubby, glad you go them, they are so pretty, I know that you mean about the Vanilla coke, it is the simple things in life that make me so happy, but I dont yell at my hubby if he gets flowers anymore..I used to but then I gave up.hope you are enjoying your time with your family...

Anonymous said...

don't you just love it when your dh takes the initiative and then romantically surprises you? what a beautiful lil'smile on your lil' cutie pie...way to go to the wonderful guys in your life! ;)looney