Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Stop Me Now Before I Do Something I'll Regret

Pissed!

I am so, so, so pissed right now I can barely see straight.

I just returned home, noonish our time, to find a message from Jacob's teacher on our voice mail. My first thought, was, gee, I hope he isn't sick or hurt, then my second thought was, crap, he's probably in some kind of trouble, damn did I forget that stupid belt? But no, it wasn't that. His teacher called at 8:46 this morning to inform me that Jacob would be singing at chapel this morning and it would be nice if I could go see him perform at 9:30. Yes, my son, for the very first time, volunteered to stand up in front of the entire elementary school and sing by himself and I wasn't there to witness it!

Now, in that damn handbook it states very clearly that if your child wants to sing in chapel that I must sign a paper stating it's okay with me and then even more clearly it states that a paper will be sent home a week before said performance requiring my signature so I can also okay that. I never saw any paper. I never signed any paper. I have picked up my child every day from school and spoken directly to that old bitty and not one time did she ever mention how wonderful it was that Jacob would be performing in chapel on September 5 at 9:30. Never.

I spent the morning shooting my baby up with dead viruses at the doctor's office at an appointment that has been scheduled for at least a month. If I had known about the chapel performance last week I would have cancelled. Shit, if I had known about it yesterday, I would have cancelled. Instead, I sat there oblivious while my kid took the stage to looked out to find no one there to cheer him on. For what I pay to send him there, the damn headmaster should have called to give me this information.

Yes, I am going in early this afternoon to speak with the ones in charge. Then when I am done with them, I am going to speak with his teacher and let her know that 45 minutes will never be enough time for me to corral my family and be there for my son. They demand respect from my child, by golly, they are going to learn to find some respect for me and my family.

Pissed!

Man, I'm still pissed!

7 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I'm so sorry! It sucks that you missed it and it sucks that no one was there for him. I'm really starting to get a bad attitude toward this whole school thing. Are they all this sh*tty or is it just private schools? I'm starting to regret my decision and public school is starting to look better to me all the time and this is only week 2.

Sadie said...

I can't wait to hear how the meeting goes. I wish I was a fly on the wall. ;)

Lynsey said...

OH my gosh I am mortified for you- let us know how the meeting went!!

Dana said...

Holy cow! I would've had a FLIPPIN fit! I cannot believe they did that. What, the kids must adhere to EVERY petty little rule but the school doesn't have to follow big rules like that one?! I'd be seeing red. I am hoping that your "talk" went well. I can't wait to hear what you told them.....I bet it was good!Gosh, they demand respect but don't give it....what a way to teach children!

L said...

I don't like that school. :(

But really. I hope it all works out. let 'em have it. And tell us what happens!

I'm sorry that you missed the performance.
Not cool.

Miss Hope said...

Yep. I do believe you have totally earned the title Beyond Pissed.

I'm the kind of person that after I let loose and had spittle flying everywhere....I'd demand a repeat performance so that I could be there.

Give 'em hell.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I'm with Beth. There seems to be more bad stuff than good from his school. I'm sure it's just because it's easier to vent when angry than happy, but I would be SO MAD too.

Let us know if anyone's left bleeding.