Monday, March 30, 2009

The Bluebonnets are Beautiful, but They Give Me Such a Headache

It's March. In Texas. You know what that means.

It's bluebonnet season.

Yeah. Every family in the state now has new wonderful photos of their children amongst the beauty that is the Texas state flower.

Except us.

Now everybody just sit right here and look at the camera. I am holding the camera. It's not in the ground. Sit down Elizabeth. SIT. DOWN.



SIT. DOWN. COME. BACK. Can somebody get the girl?



What I meant was just plop her right on down there and make her stay there. I really just wanted a picture of the children but whatever. Another picture where it appears they have no mama. Or personality.



Okay. Forget the girl. Go ahead and frolic girl. We'll get good pictures of your brothers. That's right. We don't need you.



What's with you people? I. Am holding the camera. You. Are to look at me. These are the bluebonnets! You are Texans. You are required by law to love them and look good in them!



*Sigh*

Okay, okay. I'll take just one of each of you. How hard can that be? This will work. Yeah. Sure.



Seriously?



Wait! Elizabeth is loving the flowers. Listen to her talking about the pitty powers. Move out of my way boys!



No, Sister! Stay. Pitty Powers. Grrrrr....



Here. Just take my picture. I need a new Facebook profile. Wait. Maybe my lovely daughter will sit with me. Here, baby, baby. Really? You only took one and it's a good one? I can't wait to see it.

That? Is a good one? We are so not on the same page with this dude.



Okay. I've figured out how to finally get a good picture.



It'll look wonderful on my mantle.

11 comments:

Cloudy said...

Very funny, but it was the last shot that had me guffawing out loud.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Would you REALLY want a good picture? After all of these years of mid-runs and cries?

Jana said...

Too funny! Ours didn't turn out so great, either, if that's any consolation.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

That was soo funny!!! I have a series of shots like that too to many situations...but not in those pretty flowers!!! I am so envious-we have SNOW-not flowers....

Aunt Becky said...

I needed that laugh today. Thanks, duder.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I think all the pictures are gorgeous! Even the ones with the 2 big kids :)

Mommy Daisy said...

And what a glorious picture it is! Ha ha, you make me laugh so hard.

Crazed Nitwit said...

I adore the picture of you and Elizabeth!!! Great for Facebook. :)


HUGZ

Erin said...

That's freakin' hilarious! And yes, my sister who lives in Splendora has pictures of her kiddos in the bluebonnets already, as do a few of my friends who live near Conroe. I miss Texas in the spring time! :(

Melissa said...

very funny!Don't you just LOVE when the little one's don't cooperate with the picture taking process.Here in NNY we have yet to see a bloom of anything.Nice to see warm weather and a flower or two.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

You have me cracking up! I'm forever trying to get the perfect picture, and it just doesn't exist for this family! :)