Friday, May 21, 2010

Stuff

I stole this from Ruby Red Slippers.....

1. If you could change anything about your physical appearance, what would it be?

You know, I'm pretty happy with my physical appearance. One day, hopefully this year, I'll have Lasik surgery so I can ditch the glasses but I don't want it to improve my appearance, I want it so I can go to the pool without my contacts and get up in the middle of the night and not have to find my glasses to make it to the bathroom.

2. Is there a habit in others that you find annoying?

Is rude a habit?

3. What is your favorite recipe using ground beef?

Hmmmm....I have so many....I have a taco soup recipe I really like and also a beef strudel that's pretty good. Maybe I'll get ambitious and post them one day.

4. What was your favorite book as a kid?

Little House
Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel
Heck, all the Virginia Lee Burton books

5. Did you work as a teenager and if so, where?

I worked as a cashier at our town pool. I made a dollar an hour, but I really didn't do much. Stole a lot of chips and drank all the soda I could drink and let all the boys I loved in for free. I probably owe them money.

6. Did you work while in college and if so, where?

I babysat for a wonderful family and while in graduate school I worked days at a preschool and took classes at night. I just found the lady I babysat for on Facebook and really enjoyed seeing how those sweet kids turned out. Of course, the fact that they are now 25 and 18 hurt a bit.

7. When you go to sleep do you like total darkness or semi?

It must be so dark I cannot see anything around me but it hasn't been that way since we moved here. We still have no curtains and the blinds, while nice, do not keep out the light from the street lamp. Needless to say, I haven't slept well for the past two years.

8.When you go to sleep do you need quiet or is some noise OK?

I've slept with the ceiling fan for years now. It MUST be on, even when it's below freezing.

9. When doing laundry, fabric softener or not?

Depends on what I'm washing. Sometimes I use it just to make my house smell good. I like Original Downy and the Blue Sparkle Snuggle and only those, the rest are too perfumy for me.

10. Open toed or closed toed shoes?

I wear sandals all year round. Nice perk about living in Texas.

11. Would you rather be blind or deaf?

How bout neither?

12. Dangle or stud earrings?

I have six holes in my ears and haven't changed the diamond studs from them since 1994.

13. What do you put on pancakes?

peanut butter and syrup

14. On a long trip would you rather drive or fly?

I REFUSE TO FLY! Those things crash you know. Have you seen Lost?

15. Do you prefer classic old movies or new?

All the 80s John Hughes flicks and any SNL skit movie.

1 comment:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I loved reading all about you!