Friday, May 24, 2013

My Head Hurts

Well...

First day of summer is upon us.

It is 12:30, half day in and already it begins.

Only took half a day.

I don't think I was being unreasonable when I let the children know that they had to complete their daily chores each day before the television went on, the Wii was played, or swimming was to be done.   They have three chores each and need to make their beds, pick up their toys, and wipe the toilet and floor down of their piss that never, ever seems to make into the toilet.  

Jacob has declared that he will doing none of it.   His reasoning:   If you want me to do these things, you have to do something for me.

Is he freaking kidding me?

Let's see.   Seven years of private school tuition = $30,000
                  Six years of various medications = $2000
                  Five years of various therapy = $5,000
                 
I can't even do the math on the clothing, food, and toys.

I know, I know, that means nothing to a kid, but COME ON.

The other kids got up did their jobs and went about their day.  

Jacob is still screaming about how unfair his life is and what a horrible mother I am and how he is just a  kid, Oh woe, oh woe is he.  I mean, the cops are going to be called very shortly by said twelve year old because.  O.  M.  G.   Child labor laws and child abuse and neglect......oh my.

I don't know where his logic became skewed, but he has yelled down at me that if I want the dishwasher emptied, I will need to drive him to Game Stop and buy him a fifty dollar game.  

Nevermind that he got his DS removed weeks ago for running his mouth in this fashion previously.

And for the record, Adam emptied the dishwasher and did all his other chores without nary a word.  Three hours ago.

The art camp closed down.

I can't afford the behavior camps.

He absolutely refuses to do any type of sports camps.

My parents are too scared to take him for any length of time.

I think there's some law about dumping your kids off miles from home and making them walk back just to kill time and give you some peace.

So for the next 14 weeks, I guess I have to put up with it.

Neat little fact about switching schools.......that school gets out two weeks later so therefore goes back two weeks later.  Oh joy!  He gets two extra weeks of summer!

I can't wait to see what will happen next week when I introduce the television timer and the daily workbooks.





No comments: