Wednesday, April 22, 2020

39

Well, Texas is reopening this week.  

Never said we had smart people here.

Of course, most of Texas has been just going about their business anyway.  

I went out for the first time since March 18 this Sunday (April 19).    We drove over to my mom's house here in town because my sister bought my mom a damn plant for Christmas and she wanted me to check on it.   I could not BELIEVE the amount of cars out.   Then we passed the Little Walmart and it the lot was more full than I have ever seen it.  

It was hard to be at my mom's house.   Especially on a Sunday.   Especially on Elizabeth's birthday.   Before all this, we had dinner there every Sunday afternoon.   I realized then how much I had taken it for granted.   I cried a lot.    My parents should have been there.   We should have had homemade peanut butter cake and barbecue and celebrated together but NO.   My parents are four hours away at their other home and it poured down rain and this was the best I could do:


She was surpised.    She actually woke up before I did and dressed herself.   

We were supposed to go down to Galveston to the Pleasure Pier, ride rides, eat deep dish pizza at Marios and then stay in a beach house over night and miss school the next day!  

Well, we missed school.  

I cried a lot.   This pissed everybody off because it really should have been a happy day but I couldn't help it, this is hard.   My child should have a good birthday.  She wanted to see her grandparents and she couldn't and we have no idea when we can see them again.  SURE, Texas is reopening but this virus isn't going away just because the governor says it's okay.  I really don't feel safe going out, especially now that more people will believe it is safe and go out and spread it even more.  We haven't even hit a peak yet, more people dying every day, but by all means, go to Hobby Lobby so you can get a new cross for your wall.  

There was an ad on Facebook a couple days ago from a Subway restaurant here in town that showed a picture of people standing in line pretty close together (on their phones of course) and stated that they were open, you could come in and order and eat.   Really?  According to the "recovery czar" (really, that's a thing in Houston) all businesses are curbsude only but here is Subway wanting you to feel all "normal" again.  THAT is why this is going to be a complete shit show.  No one is going to follow the rules.  In two weeks I foresee deaths and cases tripling and these dumbasses wondering why.  And I want to know who the hell would risk their own life for disgusting Subway sandwich.   I worked there once.   Don't eat there.   THAT places is not safe any given day.  

I just wish this virus would go away.  I don't really understand a lot of the political aspects to this, all I see is fear for our health, but my friend, Rosemary, she LOVES that shit and she called me earlier this week.   In Texas City, our next town over, many residents in a nursing home there contracted the virus a few weeks ago.   It was devastating news.  The doctor in charge of treating them gave them all a combination of arithromycin and hydroxychloroquine.   All 39 cases have recovered and did so in record amount of time, especially for elderly patients.  Why are our politicians dismissing this?   Shouldn't we try anything we can?   I would love to see more study on this and possibly get to a point that when you get a positive test you get a prescription for both the same as tamiflu.  I don't understand why that isnt' happening.  Again, I don't understand a lot of these things and I may be missing something but isn't it worth a shot?   I don't agree with the president either and I am ready for a change, but shouldn't we put those differences aside and do the best for our country and our world? 

I think making deals is a stage of grief.   

Maybe our governor is at that stage.  



No comments: