Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Break in Pictures

HAHAHA! April Fools! Early.

There aren't any pictures because I forgot my camera. Both cameras. And of course my kids posed and smiled and frolicked in the flowers because I had. no. camera. All three of my kids sitting by a campfire with little marshmallow sticks in their hands with their arms around each other grinning ear to ear. No picture. My boys walking down the street swinging their little sister between them with all the uproarious laughter. No video. Of course.

Man, spring break flew by in a flash.

It's Wednesday and I'm still trying to ease us back into our regularly scheduled programming.

The littles would sleep until nine each morning if we didn't have to drive the big kid to school and last week they did just that. They so enjoyed their extra couple of hours of sugar-plum slumber last week (and their mommy did too). They were pleasant (mostly) all day and getting them to sleep at night was never a problem. Now that we're back to the old, early morning grind, I have to wake them at 7:30. They scream all the way to the car. They are grumpy almost all morning. And then they fall asleep in the car as soon as I pull out of the driveway to pick their brother up at school. Oh, they are pretty pleasant then, after that short snooze, but their second wind keeps them running like the Energizer bunny until well after ten each night. It's enough to make me consider homeschooling.

Jacob hadn't gotten a demerit for almost a month and now has had at least one each day since he's been back. He was pushed out of a swing by his usual bully boy this week and instead of slinking away, he faced him and told him to stop. When the kid said no, Jacob raised his hand to smack him. Of course the teacher only saw that part. Jacob missed the rest of recess while bully boy played the rest of the time mocking him as he'd run by. I don't condone violence and am appalled that my child would try to strike another, but at the same time, I am glad he stood up for himself. I mean, if no one else is going to help him, he has to help himself. We're having a teacher conference on Friday. I'll let you know how that goes.

It may take me all week to get settled back in from our little vacation. I have tons of things I want to blog about, but I can't put coherent thoughts together at the moment. I feel like I'm developing ADD myself.....oh, is that Olivia? Cute little pig in clothes. Snort. I love Olivia, but I miss Blue. What happened to Blue? Or Bob the Builder? Or the Rubberdubbers? I'd take any of those over Yo Gabba Gabba and that creepy Wubbzy any day.

See.

Maybe next week, I'll be able to think straight.

4 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I hated it when the other kid wouldn't be recognized for their part in the problem!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I hope you are able to figure out with the teacher what to do-but good for him! I think he should defend himself if needed!
Glad you had a good spring break...ours isn't for a few weeks...I can't wait!

Dana said...

Wow! Spring break already? Our doesn't start until the 10th! Sounds like you had a peaceful and fun week though! Sorry to hear about the bully issue but that's awesome that Jacob stood up for himself. Even if he did get in trouble. Maybe the bully will think twice next time.....or not. The kid sounds like a terd. Good luck with Friday's conference. That should be interesting. Can't wait to hear what was said.

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

What a sweet post and YAY for Jacob!!

Steady On
Reggie Girl