I can't say that I am happy to be home and that sucks. I remember when I would be somewhere and that nice feeling I would get when I would be home in my own home. I don't get that here, never have, and this is probably the place we have lived the longest. Sigh.
We actually did have a pretty nice Christmas after the whole miss-the-Santa snafu. I am still surprised that everyone got pissed at me for getting pissed at them. I don't see how they can't understand why that would upset me.....but I am letting it go, watch me.....throwing it away, never to speak of it again. la, de, la, de, la....
So, without further adieu, I present to you Santa's Hits and Misses of 2006
* Cars Dirt Race Track Set - Hours of fun and entertainment until the little one runs off with the cars. Male parent figure is needed to "try it out" before relinquishing controls to children.
* A harmonica - Jacob has wanted a harmonica for ages. He actually does a pretty good job with it.....how do you actually play those things anyway?
* Crayola Art Case and a big roll of paper - Jacob thinks he's a real artist now.
* A small yellow hummer - Adam loves hummers, enough said.
* Ramone's House of Body Art and Casa Della Tires - Well, technically Gammy brought those, but in keeping with the whole Cars theme which I think became our Christmas, I think these might have been the ultimate favorite.
Candy - We weren't allowed loads of candy as a kid, but Santa kept our stockings filled each year with good, from-the-candy-store candy. Well, our candy store was named KwikEMart, but dang, someone knew what they were doing when they stocked the candy. Santa apparently thought my kids (and neice) would love the same, but no, tossed aside like pairs of socks. Jacob actually put his in a pile and asked for an apple. What was I, uh, I mean Santa thinking?
Necco Wafers - Of course, Adam is my little sweet tooth. He wasn't treated as sweetly in the candy department as the others, choking hazards and all, but he did receive a package of these fun treats in his stocking and all present opening ceased for him at that point, so this one actually needs to go with the hits.
Fish Maracas - Impulse buy.....Mama likes them.
Floam - Floam was a huge disappointment. The kids tried to use them like clay to form things. It melts into a big pile sending little girls into hysterical tears......which leads us to....
Moon Sand - I don't yet know if this will be a hit or a miss as I cannot get anyone to play with it. I am dying to get my hands on it though so maybe mama has a non-alcoholic New Year's Eve activity
Cars Carrying Case - Why in the world would you actually store the Cars? They must be under foot at all times, never must they be deprived of oxygen and light. The latches are nice for almost two year olds to pull off and chew on though.
Fisher Price Airplane - Because why would a baby play with a baby toy? It remains untouched and at the lake waiting for baby three.
So the picture recap.......
All boys must have a harmonica........