Saturday, December 30, 2006

So This is Christmas......

Ah, it's over.

I can't say that I am happy to be home and that sucks. I remember when I would be somewhere and that nice feeling I would get when I would be home in my own home. I don't get that here, never have, and this is probably the place we have lived the longest. Sigh.

Anyway.....

Christmas.

We actually did have a pretty nice Christmas after the whole miss-the-Santa snafu. I am still surprised that everyone got pissed at me for getting pissed at them. I don't see how they can't understand why that would upset me.....but I am letting it go, watch me.....throwing it away, never to speak of it again. la, de, la, de, la....






Why the heck can't I get a decent picture ever? I pretty much gave up after this......




So, without further adieu, I present to you Santa's Hits and Misses of 2006

Hits



* Cars Dirt Race Track Set - Hours of fun and entertainment until the little one runs off with the cars. Male parent figure is needed to "try it out" before relinquishing controls to children.



* This car, these cars, and this car - It's all Cars all the time around here.



* A harmonica - Jacob has wanted a harmonica for ages. He actually does a pretty good job with it.....how do you actually play those things anyway?



* Crayola Art Case and a big roll of paper - Jacob thinks he's a real artist now.



* A small yellow hummer - Adam loves hummers, enough said.



* Ramone's House of Body Art and Casa Della Tires - Well, technically Gammy brought those, but in keeping with the whole Cars theme which I think became our Christmas, I think these might have been the ultimate favorite.

Misses



Candy - We weren't allowed loads of candy as a kid, but Santa kept our stockings filled each year with good, from-the-candy-store candy. Well, our candy store was named KwikEMart, but dang, someone knew what they were doing when they stocked the candy. Santa apparently thought my kids (and neice) would love the same, but no, tossed aside like pairs of socks. Jacob actually put his in a pile and asked for an apple. What was I, uh, I mean Santa thinking?


Necco Wafers - Of course, Adam is my little sweet tooth. He wasn't treated as sweetly in the candy department as the others, choking hazards and all, but he did receive a package of these fun treats in his stocking and all present opening ceased for him at that point, so this one actually needs to go with the hits.



Fish Maracas - Impulse buy.....Mama likes them.



Floam - Floam was a huge disappointment. The kids tried to use them like clay to form things. It melts into a big pile sending little girls into hysterical tears......which leads us to....



Moon Sand - I don't yet know if this will be a hit or a miss as I cannot get anyone to play with it. I am dying to get my hands on it though so maybe mama has a non-alcoholic New Year's Eve activity


Cars Carrying Case - Why in the world would you actually store the Cars? They must be under foot at all times, never must they be deprived of oxygen and light. The latches are nice for almost two year olds to pull off and chew on though.



Fisher Price Airplane - Because why would a baby play with a baby toy? It remains untouched and at the lake waiting for baby three.



So the picture recap.......




It was a Cars Christmas........Santa's no dummy.




All boys must have a harmonica........




The calendar was a huge hit......until Abigail puked all over it.





Necco Wafers are so tasty they make my head spin.




All in all it was a good day.....good company, good food, good times (except for the whole Santa thing, la, de, la) Only 359 more days to go.

4 comments:

Dana said...

we, ok, I strongly dislike moon sand. Good luck with it in your house. I found it to be as messy as regular sand which I would never allow in my home. My sister bought some for Tanner and before it was even wrapped, I saw it and cringed, knowing it would be coming to MY house. Tanner had already bought some with his money a few monthes ago so I already knew how much I disliked it. Again, good luck, have a broom or vaccuum handy because it will be everywhere!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Sounds like the kids had a good Christmas and that Lightening McQueen will be a permanent fixture at your house:) I love Necco Wafers. I bought some for Halloween candy and nobody ate them but me. Hope you have a blessed and joyful New Year!

Michelle said...

I still can't believe they did that to you, but I won't speak of it again either :)

Looks like Cars was as a big of a hit there as Dora was at our house! The grandparents went overboard with Dora LOL

Shane H. said...

Oh my gosh, the Cars carrying case was a huge hit for our 6 year old! He's very protective of them...only plays with them "gently" as they must always remain looking brand new.