Since I have nothing interesting to write today, I snagged this little holiday meme from Michelle......feel free to snag from me as well.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? I love to see the egg nog in the dairy case this time of year but I haven't bought any yet, it's expensive and I am afraid I wouldn't be able to keep it down.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Santa lays each boy a stack of stuff to be seen as soon as they come down the stairs, but he leaves a few things wrapped in the stocking. I let Jacob choose his own wrapping paper, this year Cars go figure, and he knows the stuff wrapped in that is from us.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Well....we haven't put the outside ones up yet, but last year we did colored on the tree and all white outside. I have always wanted to do all green outside, but the husband thinks it will look bad and he prefers all white...we shall see what happens this year. I think we are attempting that tomorrow. We did all white on the tree this year, but Dad gave up half way through and the top five inches of the tree have no lights. Whatever.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put up your decorations? Usually the Friday after Thanksgiving, but the husband got it all out last Sunday and we have been slowly getting them up ever since.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Sausage stuffing and cranberry sauce
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? We had neighbors who had no children who took us in as their own. They came over every single Christmas morning, were there before we woke up, and after they and my parents had set everything out the husband would stop at our bedroom doors and say "ho, ho, ho" in the most convincing voice, we were always so sure we had just missed Santa........you know I think I am going to invite them to come this year and do that for Jacob, what a kick he would get out of that.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I read really well at an early age and picked up one of my mom's magazines and was reading an article where these women were talking about telling their kids there was no Santa. I was so heartbroken. I couldn't have been more than eight at the time. I have to watch what I write or read now that Jacob can read too.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Well, last year we had our Christmas on Christmas Eve because Derick had to work out of state on Christmas Day, but I don't think we have before.
10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree? mostly Hallmark ornaments. We didn't plan it that way but we have a really small tree and right now those are the least breakable. I put the breakables away. Maybe in ten years.....
11. Snow! Love it or Dread? Love it! Love it! Love it! Nothing beats a white Christmas.
12. Can you ice skate? a little bit, don't get much of chance to do it here in the hot south.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I had a favorite every year, but I got a big red haired Chrissy doll the year I was seven, I think, that I just adored.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Watching my children delight in everything about them.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? pizelles....I have a pizelle iron this year, can't wait.
16 What is your favorite holiday tradition? My sister and I and all our kids have the exact same stocking made by my mom. Well, except for Adam because my mom had it all in her sewing stuff in WV with intentions of getting his finished for this Christmas but she hasn't been able to go home yet. She feels badly about it but I am just glad she is alive to finish it next year. He won't know the difference.
17. What tops your tree? A very cheap star that makes our tree lopsided
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I think it's all good.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Hark, the Herald Angels Sing....there is a reason behind that I just don't have time to get into it right now.....another post.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy? Absolutely, positively nasty...I might puke just thinking about them.
Lunch is Served
22 hours ago