Thursday, April 18, 2019

College?

I know everyone has seen all about Aunt Becky and Lynette Scavo's cheating their children's way into college.   I can't remember how to link to anything, so you can google it if you've been on a long vacation on a desert island.

Anyway....

It's terrible.   It's unfair.   It's really, really obnoxious, but you know what?   If I had $500,000 to toss around, I can't say at this point in my life I might not do the same thing.

Barring a miracle, Jacob won't be going to college.   He did finally bring up his SAT score to something pretty respectable.    We paid plenty of application fees.    We paid even more fees to have his scores sent to said schools because "I just didn't feel like plugging those in on the stupid SAT".    We paid even more fees to have his transcripts sent to five schools that have dorms and he was accepted to three that we know of.   We should all be rejoicing right now because he should be going to a good school without having to pay a dime and we and our little children could breath a smile of relief knowing this daily turmoil would soon be coming to an end.  

Oh, but no, that's not happening.   Jacob decided he wanted to go a community college down the street and told those other schools he wasn't interested.  

Community college = lives at home

He doesn't have a drivers license and is no longer interested in getting one.    Guess who would have to drive him to school like a freaking preschooler.

That's if he can still even get into that one.   He hasn't completed one assignment at all this last nine weeks period.   He is failing everying except his three theatre classes but he's coming close with those.    He is convinced he doesnt' have to supply them a final transcript.   We are idiots you know.

I have no idea what is going to happen.    I don't think he is going to graduate.   We told him he had until April 15 to bring his grades up and affirm to one of the sleep away schools that he would be a student there or we were kicking him out on June 15. .   He pretty much gave us the finger and told us to try.  

I seriously have to wonder if all these rich people had kids they could no longer live with.    I fully expect Adam and Elizabeth to gain entry to the college of their choice (or a backup) on their own mertis.   They have to learn to do for themselves and if they want it, they will work for it.   Jacob, I wish to all that is holy that there was something we could do to pull up at some school (preferably far away) and drop him off and leave him there.    He can't go to the military because of his medications. All I see in his (and our) future is a 40 year old loser mooching off our dime and doing absolutely nothing while continuing to treat us shabbily.    My anxiety is so amped up right now just anticipating this shit show I seriously ponder my desire to live, at least here, with him.  

I don't know, if I had $500,000 I don't think I'd rule it out.   If you had any idea what it's really like in our house, you might not even judge me.


1 comment:

Star said...

I hear you. I've been reading along for years and years now, and you've done so much for him. No judgement whatsoever.