Sunday, February 26, 2006

Random Thoughts

Adam was 13 months old on Thursday. The day almost came and went without my so much as giving it a second thought until someone asked me how old he was and I had to stop and think. You know they are toddlers when you quit referring to their age in months. Makes me a little sad. At 13 months he weights 17 pounds even and is 28 1/2 inches. He still wears size 2 diapers and 3-6 month clothes. I purchased a cute package of 12 month onesies last week, I don't know why I did that because he will not be able to wear them until Christmas at this rate. Of course I already washed them so I can't return them. I don't think sometimes.

*************************************************************************************

Adam and I missed church again this morning...it really is a bad habit for us. At least Jacob goes with his dad, gotta get back in the swing of that...Anyway, while I was vegging at home I found a show on Food Network...Paula's Home Cooking....now I am totally devoted to Rachael Ray but I LOVED this show. She cooks family meals with her 2 grown sons who are so polite and southern and love their mama...makes me excited to see what the future holds for me in 25 years.

*************************************************************************************

They cancelled Love Monkey. I am bummed. Every new show I was interested in this year was cancelled. First Reunion, which I wish they would have at least finished the story arc so I could know who killed Sam, then The Book of Daniel and now Love Monkey. The music on Love Monkey was awesome too and the kid who played Wayne, if that is really him singing they should cut him a record deal fast or at the very least put him on American Idol which brings me to:

*************************************************************************************

American Idol!!!

Oh how I have missed it. I can't get enough of it, I see me totally ignoring my children every Tuesday and Wednesday night for the next few months. Last year when Adam was just a wee baby he went through a brief period in time where he got cranky and cried in the evenings. We found that he stopped crying on American Idol nights and seemed to enjoy when they sang ( he does love music in any form ). I had forgotten all about that until this week. I was nursing Adam in the chair (yes STILL) when I turned AI on. He was pretty much asleep but when he heard the music he bolted up and turned around and sat with me the entire show bopping up and down and clapping his hands. I can't tell who his favorite is yet, but I like Taylor a lot, something about him, and of course I will line up to buy Ace's album when it comes out because you know he is making it far, he's too pretty to vote off.

No comments: