Friday, July 14, 2006

See ya on the Flipside!

Well folks, vacation's over and it's time to head home. It will take us a few days to crawl our way down south, so I am going to be off the air until Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I am sad to be leaving, but am ecstatic about having high speed internet again! I will be able to post pictures again! I know you have all been lamenting the lapse of photos of my gorgeous offspring and I promise...you won't be disappointed when I return!

In the meantime, here's another meme I got from Amie's blog. You can do it too, if you want.




What is your favorite pen color? I prefer pencils, but I was a teacher so I always had a red pen handy.
What time were you born? 12:36 pm
Do you know how to change a flat tire? I have been taught, but I did not retain that information. I have a husband..HE changes the tires.
Who taught you how to make meatloaf? My mother using my Granny's recipe...it was one of the first things I learned to cook.
How much was gas when you began driving? It was less than a dollar....YES, I am that old. I actually remember my high school friend scraping up change to go get a gallon of gas so we could make it home one night.
What is the funniest thing a kid has ever said to you? I think Jacob is funny on a daily basis so I couldn't pinpoint just one thing, but once my friend's daughter, who was three at the time, came over to see me and she went inside to visit my cat who happened to hate everyone at that time. Sara (friend's daughter) came running out to the porch saying, "Phoebe loves me, Phoebe loves me" and I asked her how she could tell and she said, "Because she just said HI to me" and she was saying Hi exactly like a hissing cat. I laughed all day.
How many junk drawers are in your house? Gee, lets see....there's the one in the kitchen, the one upstairs.....I could count the bathroom....5 is my final answer.
Do you know what Dippity-Do is? Yes, but do they even make it anymore?
Would you ask a complete stranger if you had food in your teeth? Yes and I have.
Do you bite your nails/fingers/lips? I bite my fingernails and have since I was four, weirdly it was the same week my sister was born the folks tell me, can't figure out why though.
How many jars of pickles in your fridge and/or pantry? Gee, haven't been home in a while, but I know there was at least one jar in the fridge when I left.
Toy you'd like to have back from your childhood: I still have all the things I was completely crazy about....I had some awesome lunchboxes I could sell for a small fortune on ebay but my mom GAVE THEM AWAY...those would be nice to have.
What's the last concert you went to? Bruce Springsteen
Is your Christmas tree still up? Why yes, it's Christmas in July.....NO, but remind me to tell you about our holiday tree at the lake sometime.
Have you ever eaten paste or glue? Nope
How long since you went to the Dentist? about a month, it was my anniversary activity this year.
Ever been on jury duty? No, but I just got a summons for it...these kids are good for something....I can get out of it as their primary caregiver.
What is your favorite kind of hat? The hats Adam wears every day....he is in a hat phase.
Are you a good speller? Absolutely! I won awards for it in elementary and middle school.
What is the last thing you dressed up as for Halloween?I have no earthly idea, it had to be over 25 years ago.
Whose wedding did you go to last? A family friend's son's in 2000....they are in the midst of a divorce right now. It was an awesome wedding though

And finally... Last time the top of your refrigerator was cleaned off? You're supposed to clean the top??


***I really do get a kick out of these, but I do wonder: Who makes these things up? Where do the questions come from? I mean, dippity-do and meatloaf?

2 comments:

Beck said...

I like saying "dippity-doo." And yes, they still make it - it's used frequently in my house to calm down The Boy's cowlick.

Amie said...

Thanks for playing along! I agree with above poster (I also adore the Ramona avatar), dippity-doo is fun to say.