Thursday, August 09, 2007

Did you miss me?

I made a last minute decision to take the kids to the lake on Sunday by myself. The next time I start to think that's a good idea, please slap me.

Oh, it wasn't too bad, just a three hour drive turned into a five hour drive and my girl decided it was the perfect time to exercise her lungs, but we survived.....barely. It was nice, though, because it didn't rain the entire time. It was hot as hell, but it was dry. The kids loved swimming in the pool in the evenings and Elizabeth found her feet so all was well.

Bear with me as I try to catch up with everything this weekend.

.

2 comments:

Miss Hope said...

I am guilty of having crazy thoughts about taking my kids somewhere by myself. The only time I followed through alot was when the kids and I were in S.C. and the hubby was stationed in Norfolk, Virginia. I made six hour drives on a regular basis. I shudder to think of doing that now.

Dana said...

I have 5 kids with me on and almost daily basis as I run my various errands. It's enough to make me rethink taking them all by myself to do something out of the ordinary! LOL Although I am contemplating taking the 4 I have at home to the zoo today....could be bad, very, very, bad!