Friday, August 10, 2007

Next Food Network Star

Okay, it's taken me forever, but I finally did watch the finale of The Next Food Network Star. I found to be kind of slow and boring and I could have done without all the talking, but I guess they had to fill that hour somehow. Here's my opinions on the whole show:

*Columbe......what was up with her? She seemed way to spaced out to even read a cook book, much less host her own show. I decided I really didn't like her after she purposly left Paul's bags at the supermarket. What a bitch.

*Jag annoyed me from the first episode. I have no idea why the judges liked him so much. He totally butchered that Iron Chef challenge, crap, he almost burned the place down, and they sent Paul home. I think they would have chosen him if he hadn't been caught in that lie which brings me to...

*Jag? WTF! You didn't think someone would come out of the woodwork after seeing you on television to turn you in? Jeez! Of course, I danced a little jig when I watched it all because I would so NOT watch his show. What do you bet, though, those producers find him a show anyway? They seemed to really like him no matter what he did.

* I liked Paul. and Tommy. Towards the end I started to like Amy more and I am glad she won over Rory. Rory was okay, but I don't think I would be interested in cooking the things she would likely have had on her show. I did feel truly sorry for her, though, when the cameras kept trying to pan off of her as she was sobbing in the background. I hope her restaurant does well as a consolation prize.

* The show filled my Bobby Flay fix, but they could have used a lot more Alton Brown. Alton Brown is the Food Network God. I love him.



OK...what are your thoughts?

No comments: