Monday, December 10, 2007

Bah!

I'm sure you've heard that old parental saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

That's why I haven't said much lately. I just don't have anything nice to say.

I am tired.

I am up to my eyeballs in errands and chores and chaffeuring and Christmas shopping so much I can't even think straight.

I get no sleep. The baby is up every night at 10, midnight, three, and six and now she has another cold so there isn't much sleeping between those hours either. The husband likes to tell everyone how tired he is, too, but I can't see how he can be too tired since he's been sleeping in Elizabeth's room alone for at least eight hours a night for the past six months. I have nothing nice to say about that so I won't say anything at all.

I do remember your request to know more about my pre-child life. I've tried to do it, but I don't even know where to start. I can't even remember my pre-child days. What did I like? What did I do? Who was I? I swear, it seems like I've been a mom forever, like I never really had a life until I was one. I don't want to leave you hanging so here's what I've got so far:


I was born.
I was a kid.
I moved.
I went to high school.
I went to college.
I got a job.
I met a guy.
I moved.
I got married.
I moved.
I got a job.
I had a kid.
I had another kid.
And yet another kid.

Not what you had in mind was it?

Maybe one day I'll get that together.

You think Santa can bring naps for Christmas?

7 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

Ooh, a nap for Christmas sounds great. I need one today. Do you think Santa can come early for me?

Jennifer said...

You mean you had a life before kids?! Wow.

Hope you get your nap, and may the holidays be over soon!

Jennifer, Le Binky Bitch

Lynsey said...

Oh my gosh, I am up just once during the night---I thought that I was exhausted! I feel so bad for you and hope that you're able to catch a nice long nap soon. The holidays really suck when you're too tired to do anything!

Nikki said...

I love the life story :)

And when the heck did they post that nablopomo badge? I need it. NOW! :)

I hope your Christmas gift is a night at a hotel. Alone. With room service. And a massage!

Aunt Becky said...

Sorry, dude. I know precisely how you feel these days. I hope that Santa brings you a couple nights of good sleep. I know it would mean the world to me, too.

Hang in there.

A. Nonny Mouse said...

Santa bringing a nap for Christmas reminds me of a bib I saw at BabiesRUS - it said "All Mommy wants for Christmas is a Silent Night."

So true. So very, very true. And a silent day on top of it wouldn't be a bad thing, either.

Sorry you're having a hard time of it. The holidays will be over soon. I hope.

me said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to tell you that you crack me up!

I also have a newborn and get the same comments from hubby. They have NO IDEA what being tired really is, do they?

anyway, thanks for bringing a smile to my day!

Lisa
www.workoutmommy.com