Saturday, May 31, 2008

Did They Forget To Give Me The Manual?

I still consider myself a boymom. I know how to do boy stuff.

Girl stuff, not so much. First it was the bloomer thing. What's up with the bloomers? They need to make those attachable so mamas like me wouldn't leave them all over the place after every diaper change.

Then it was the whole headband thing. Do you headband or don't you? Where exactly do you put that thing? Is it a forehead band or a top-or-the-head band? There should be a warning on those things reminding you to remove it before you strap your baby into the back seat and leave or else you'll drive into a ditch trying to save your daughter from certain strangulation.


And now. Now it's the hair. What do you do with a baby girl whose hair is in the way? Why, you drive to Tar*et and spend a fortune on barrettes, that's what.



My first girly hair-do.



It took me five minutes to wrestle her still and stick the clip on her head and it took her five seconds to free it from her straggly hair.

Is there some sort of You-Have-A-Girl orientation class that I missed? How do I unlock the secrets to all that is girlmom? Am I missing something?

I'm thinking it's a good thing she likes hats.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. She looks so ticked off with that bow. LOL
We always did the one ponytail sticking up on the middle of the head, or two little ones off to the side, yet still on top of the head. They can't get those mini elastics out as easily.
She's pretty darn cute regardless!

Shane H. said...

Sorry...wish I could help ya! I'd be clueless too.

Burgh Baby said...

I have given up on all hair accessories unless the Toddler specifically requests them. She NEVER leaves them in for more than a few minutes, so they are nothing but stress for me.

Dawn said...

Ha! Can't help you on this one. :)

Lynsey said...

I was never a fan of girly do's when I was little either apparently. My Mom had the hardest time keeping barretts in my hair. Have you tried little pony tails? Would those stay in?
I'm clueless too on this one!

Aimee said...

I anticipate many blog entries much like this in the not too distant future. I can't wait, yet I'm scared silly to be a girlmom. I'm sure I'll have some questions and you'll have to help guide me, oh wise one!

I love your new house too! It's really nice. We're looking to upgrade soon too. I want a bigger home already!