Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010



I'll never get a decent picture of my kids on Christmas Eve will I?

Oh well. These rotten ones are starting to grow on me.

I didn't get many pictures of the present gluttony. No one else would help me take any and I was spending to much time saying, "Show me what you got" and "Look the hell at me!" so I gave up. Plus I had to sit down a lot. That was day six of the virus. But because we are such givers, we went ahead and went to church AND to the Christmas party down the street. Everyone was fever-free at that moment. How was I to know they'd all start sporting them again the next day?



See? They looked fine.



Santa brought a nice dollhouse for Elizabeth. She loves it. She doesn't even mind that Santa just picked up any box willy-nilly not realizing there was a choice of families even though the picture was plain as broad daylight on the box. While we were skeptical of the outcome upon first sight, she never even noticed the difference. Elizabeth's loving family gets along just fine with her new Strawberry Shortcake and Toy Story 3 Barbie and the mama has a delightful weave extension that they all just adore. I hear them complimenting her on it all the time. Really.



Santa brought Jacob a nice, new DSi and the Kingdom Castle Lego Sets ($$$) he desired but they played second fiddle most of the day to the creepy toy hamster he picked up on sale on a whim (yay! a bargain! must get it!). Five dollars. O-Kay.



After we empty the stockings and inspect all that Santa supplied, we eat a short breakfast and then get back to business. The kids are usually fine with this although a bit antsy but this year Adam drove us absolutely batty wanting to open this one gift. I don't know what he was expecting, he never would say, but when we finally let him go first and rip that thing open he was in a rage. Adam. Was in a rage. Easy-going, laid-back, aw-what-the-heck-I'm-good Adam flew completely off the handle when he saw Sword in the Stone (which he loves btw). I should include the poor kid had a fever of about 101 and coughed the whole night through, but still. Completely out of character for him. Needless to say he missed five minutes of the festivities.



Aside from the funky dollhouse, Elizabeth had a very Belle Christmas. Three Belle dolls, a Belle barbie, and a costume, plus jewelry, cosmetics, and paper crafts all sporting the current favorite Princess. Santa had a hard time finding the right Belle baby because he kept sending his elves out for it who returned with not quite the correct replica and the coveted one could only be found on Amazon for quintuple the original price so he had to make some choices. Imagine his suprise when he found it at the grocery store of all places and the little Belle fan was right there! Screaming to take it home no less. It took some manuevering, but the big elf left his post at his very important job, sped all the way to the house to stay with her for fifteen minutes so Santa could go back and retrieve the ONLY BELLE to be found before someone else realized what a dusty gold mine they had there. It was worth it too. She rocked and cooed to that Baby Belle all day long and declared her "perfect". She has since included all the other Belles and is currently having a tea party with all three upstairs.

I must go get their picture.

The husband surprised me with a Kindle although we'd decided not to exchange gifts this year. I love me some Kindle. When it works. I'm going to let him go on his annual one week ski trip and not complain about it. I'm figuring that was his angle all along, but what the heck.

Another Christmas down. 363 more days until the next one.

3 comments:

Crazed Nitwit said...

Let's not even think about next year. One year at a time. Sounds like petty good day!

sherrypg said...

A Kindle!!! My husband gave me the money to get one (he's not wise to the ways of the interwebs). Did you get the wi-fi or 3g? And what do you mean "when it works"?

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Besides the flu(I totally understand!) it sounds pretty good. What did Adam expect in that box, anyway? Poor kid. Hopes dashed at such a young age...