Monday, December 06, 2010

Kitty Love



My cat and my doll.

This is a nightly occurence.

Phoebe was never interested in the boys. In fact, she spent much time hidden in closets or under beds while they were tiny. She still doesn't seem to notice them much, although she doesn't hide as much as she used to.

The day we brought Elizabeth home from the hospital we placed her in her crib and went back to check on her ten minutes later and right there beside her was that old cat. She was purring. Of course we didn't leave her there, but every chance she got she tried to sneak in.

It was like she was so grateful to finally have some more estrogen in the house.

Do cats have estrogen?

Anyway.

Elizabeth drags her, brushes her, puts stickers on her, rocks her, and attempts to dress her like a princess and that cat just takes it.

Twelve years that cat loved only me. She was part of our family, but she was my cat.

I think she's Elizabeth's cat now.

And you know what, I'm okay with that.

As long as she'll snuggle with me now and then.

3 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Same thing over here. She has a love affair with our cats. It's hysterical.

Kether said...

So sweet!
Ever since I found out I am pregnant, our old female cat has been sleeping in front of the door of the room we'll be using as the baby's room. It is so weird. I keep mentioning it to Dave, and he thinks I'm a nutjob, but I think she's waiting for a girl.

I'm just catching up on your blog, and crap! things suck sometimes! I hope it is getting better

Crazed Nitwit said...

How wonderful Elizabeth has such a loyal friend and that you're good with that. you're such a wonderful mom.