Friday, February 12, 2021

2021....

 Kiss it 2020!

So much for a weekly post.  

If anyone is even reading this, sorry to leave you hanging.  

Let's see....what went on the rest of the year.....

They cancelled my most wonderful time of the year in June (my PCB vacation).  I spent the entire month of July with my parents.  It was awesome.   We did absolutely nothing and I couldn't have been happier with the exception of losing my mind every time my dad went to the supermarket.  August: Adam started football and it was nerve-wracking but he did well.  September:  kids did online school, Adam still went to football we went to the beach for my birthday with friends.  October: Kids went back to school in person.  I actually needed them to do that.  They weren't doing well online and I needed some alone time.  November: Went back up to the lake for Thanksgiving.  Spent $6.000 online for Christmas gifts.  My husband is still mad about it.  December:  My sister came for Christmas.  They got tested first so it wasn't too stressful.  Adam and Elizabeth were quarantined due to exposure most of December so we were able to enjoy ourselves and not worry too much.  

Oh....the best thing ever.....I went on the maximum dosage of Cymbalta in May for depression and anxiety.  I feel like myself again and I mean myself as in my 2000 self.  I should have done this  years ago.  I don't think I would have made it through without and also without him:  




Have mercy, I cannot believe we got a puppy.   It's a long story.  Maybe I will get to it one day.   Let me tell you, though, I love this sweet baby with every fiber of my being.    I needed him so much more than he needed me.   


I mean, how pitiful.....I couldn't say no.   I actually committed to adopting him before asking  telling my husband.  

His name is now Apollo.  I hate that name.  I wanted Zeke or Marty Bird but no.  Adam got to choose because he is supposed to be  Adam's dog.  He is absolutely,  without a doubt MY dog.  I have never been away from him....he goes with me everywhere which is actually harder than you think with a 70 pound dog.   Of course I don't really go anywhere, just to the store to pick up my curbside groceries but still.  

There's much more to tell but,again, going to try the weekly thing again.  

Wish me luck.  

2 comments:

Star said...

Here's to 2021....may it be an improvement over 2020!

Unknown said...

Hey there- just thought I'd add a quick comment to let you know that there are still random people out here reading your blog.:o). I *think* I first came across it 10+ (ish) years ago when I had a blog. I also have 2 boys and a girl, about the same ages as your trio. I abandoned my blog years ago, but kept yours in my bookmarks and click on it every once in a blue moon. Glad to see an update this time!