Tuesday, August 22, 2006

*Yawn*

I. Am. So. Tired.

Is it May yet?

Who knew that starting the day so early would be so.....tiring

See, I am so tired I can't even come up with colorful words to convey that.

I had a dream last night that Brad Paisley was confessing his undying love for me and I was asking him what about his wife, you know that chicky from According to Jim, and he opened his mouth to say..........beep, beep, beep, beep. What the heck? Has he been taken over by aliens? No, my alarm clock went off jolting me out of bed waaaayyyy before I was ready. Dang, it was still half dark outside, that's just unnatural.

Jacob has to be at school at 8:05. Technically, it's 8:15, but he can go in at 8:05 and I avoid all the traffic if I leave earlier. This means I must leave my house by 7:50. This also means I must wake up by 6:50 to get the kids fed, dressed, and washed and hope to do the same to myself. This morning I said screw the shower. It's the first time I have left my house without cleaning up since those early morning classes in college. I have hit a new low.

Now, I have routinely awakened at 6:30 most of my mommy days. Shoot, when there were infants in the house I might even have been up for hours by then but the difference there was that I didn't have to leave the house. Laying in bed a little longer could always be negotiated with pop tarts and Max and Ruby. We could leisurely begin our day at, say, 9 or shoot, 10. Sometimes I didn't shower until after The View because my son loved Star Jones, yes he really did and Dr. Phil too, come on, I just turned it on for him.

Really.

Our View days are over and it's not just because they canned our gal Star to replace her with crazy Rosie, it's because I have to drive him to school EVERYDAY. It's only been five days, how will I make it the other 175?

Must. Have. More. Sleep.

Oh, my friendly mower dudes showed up last week after 8:00 for the first time EVER! Yeah, figured it would be the first day I had to wake up at 6:30. Gee thanks, couldn't have done that LAST YEAR?

7 comments:

OneHungMan said...

Of all the crap on Noggin, Max and Ruby has got to be the worst. The Oobis are right up there, but OneHung literally cringes when Max and Ruby come on.

He could tolerate a whole day of the Laurie Berkner Band, or Franklin, or even (God forfuckingbid) Dora...but just knowing that Max and Ruby are on gives him the heebiejeebies.

Lynsey said...

Star Jones?? Really?

Michelle said...

Kayla has to be at school at 8, thank goodness it's close enough where I can leave between 750-755. But still, I know where you're coming from. Even if I'm usually up at 7, it doesn't mean I was ready to head out the door by 8! So now I hurry up and eat breakfast, get her dressed and we're off to school...dishes get done when I get back :) She also gets to eat breakfast at school so at least there is one less thing to worry about! I give her a cup of milk and some dry cereal to snack on in the morning before we leave.

Kayla likes Max and Ruby too...I wonder where their parents are?

Shane H. said...

I so understand where you're coming from. I too am not a morning person. I get up at 6:50 and we leave the house at 7:35 to avoid traffic too. It does get better though...let me tell you. This is the first year both of mine are in school so...I drop them off, come back and have my morning bowl of cereal, and then jump back in bed!! It's heaven. Just hang in there. There is a light (though faint) at the end of your tunnel. By the way, my youngest is a Max & Ruby fan too!

Shane H. said...

Thanks for your reply about my LD post. Could you email me again? I have more questions for you and I lost your email address. Sorry.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh man, I love Max and Ruby. Sweet show.

Ahem. for my kids, I mean. Not that I would ever find myself watching it without any children in the room.

I hear you on the tiredness, and we start school 50 minutes later than you!

sweet memories said...

I remember the first year I went back to work, Kayla was one year old, and I had to have her to her daycare by 630, I will NEVER do that again if I have another (trying) Now it is somewhat manageable, but not great, have to have her to school by 845 on one day, and 745 the other, my hubby takes her the other day and picks her up all three...I try to prepare the night before but it doesnt always work out, maybe 50 percent of the time, because you aer still trying to pick up things from the night time! what a rat race! ugh! our job as mothers, by far is not what I had expected..I love it, and glad I took a time management course at my last company!