Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Whew.....it's over. I love Christmas, really I do, but what a relief to have all that stuff behind us for another year.

Santa was really, really good to the kids. I would share some wonderful photos of them getting their loot but I didn't get any of those. My parents took it upon themselves to let the kids out and into it well before getting us up so we missed it! Yep, I missed seeing my oldest bask in the glow of Santa goodies in what could be the last year he believes in him, but I am the bitch who just ruins everything for getting upset about it. So, yes, I hit the ceiling and fought with my family on the happiest day of the year. Loads and loads of fun. It sucks to be pregnant at the holidays, especially around my family. I need a drink.

Abigail woke up puking this morning, apparently she has some sort of virus that was going around her day care, so I figure the rest of us will be spewing about the time we are to head for home....more fun. My dog has not been allowed in the house the entire time and he is a total inside dog. I am so sad watching him shiver out there, but he isn't allowed in because my sister brought her dog and it doesn't like my dog so they have to be separated.....Ezra always gets the short end of the stick on that deal. I feel so sorry for him. He will need many dentabones when we return home.....My mom and I have been cooking and cleaning and watching the kids while everyone else watches crappy movies because this is my sister's vacation......she works you know.

It hasn't been all bad. I actually enjoy spending the time with Abigail (aside from the pukiness today) and we finally did tell Jacob this morning that he has a new sibling coming and he didn't completely fall apart as I expected. He's not overjoyed, but he didn't have a meltdown, so that's positive right? Plus, Jacob has been exceptionally well behaved the past few days. I don't know if it's the threat of coal or the influx of people has made him suddenly timid, but it's the first time we have all been together and I haven't had to keep him timed out most of the time. Maybe he's maturing...maybe there is hope for him after all.

8 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I would be SO royally pissed off at the present thing. ROYALLY. I can't believe she did that! You sound like you're having the time of your life... Hope it picks up and you enjoy the rest of your time there. This is your last Christmas with only 2 kids!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I would have beaten my mother with the Christmas tree if she let my kids open presents without me. What the heck was she thinking??? I hope the rest of trip is going well (aside from the puke...I hope you don't get it). Try and stay healthy. I had the stomache flu while 6 months pg and it was hell. Have a safe trip home.

Lori said...

OMG! I would have been livid too...don't blame it on the hormones girl, that was just RUDE!

I hope the stomach bug misses you guys too, although, if you're like us, you'll all get it in succession.

Merry Christmas, I hope things are on the upswing for ya!

Dana said...

Andria, sorry to hear about your missing the Santa fun. I'd be really ticked off myself. I HAVE to get pics of the kids. If I don't, I feel like something's totally missing. Too bad the family didn't understand that. That really stinks that there's a virus hitting you guys. And, I can so understand your whole, being pg and around the family stinks. I STILL haven't had any kind of drink since having Brennen. Sure could use one at times but I'm still in a pg frame of mind! Take care and avoid the bug at all costs. Being sick AND pg is terrible!

OneHungMan said...

That's total bullshit about the dogs. It's rare that people get along at the holidays, yet none of them get stuck outside because they can't play nicely with others. We should give the same courtesy to our beloved pets.

Michelle said...

I almost don't even know what to say about your parents letting your kids open their gifts without you! what?! Who does that? Surely they had to know you would be quite upset about that! I'm sorry for your dog too...sorry the whole day didn't turn out so well :( That's really unfortunate!

Shane H. said...

Missing the kids open their gifts? What??? I'm be ticked off too! I think I would have told my sister to put her dog outside! Poor thing....I hope you had a little peace and joy. Happy New Year.

Lynsey said...

I totally relate on all levels...the first one being pregnant during the holidays and how sucky it is not to be allowed any kind of liquid happiness to deal with everyone's BS. Our dog had to hang out in his crate, in the basement because my husbands idiotic cousin has an "autistic" child who hates dogs and would taunt him all day otherwise. (I say "autistic" because I think it's exaggerated...nothing a good whack over the ass once in a while wouldn't fix, I swear.) But we survived! Yay for us. Next year, we can drink up and enjoy the damn holidays like the rest of the a-holes. :-)