Friday, December 29, 2006

Is Christmas over yet?

I need a vacation from my vacation.

Abigail is all better, thank goodness, but now my brother-in-law, Jacob, and I have the illness. So far everyone else has been spared. My sister was to head home this morning, and although I truly love her and enjoy her company for the most part, I was looking forward to getting rid of their hairy golden retriever because I believe I have developed an allergy to it. I would also like to see my own dog again. Poor guy.

So, here we sit, cooped up together in various forms of illness in this small, small house. Fun I tell you. On the bright side, there are healthy people (so far) who can play with Adam and make sure he is diapered and fed so I can just sit and be sick. Not the way I envisioned our holiday, but whatever, we'll muddle through.

I hope everyone else had a good holiday. I haven't been able to check on anyone because the dial up here is just so, so slow. Have a happy new year and if you so choose and are able, have a drink for me!

6 comments:

OneHungMan said...

You're probably not missing much by not being able to check on us. Take your time and get well, we'll all be here when you get back.

Michelle said...

sorry to hear the sickies are starting to run through the house like that :( Not fun at all when you need a vacation from your vacation! Hope you all are feeling better soon!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I hope you feel better soon! Have a wonderful New Year and I'll have 2 drinks for you:)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh hon. Hope you guys get better and that the time remaining flies by!

Shane H. said...

Hopefully, by the time you read this you'll be all better! And, hopefully the new year will bring you better health and much happiness. Happy '07! We're in WV (southern part -- Princeton) with hubby's brother and family for the weekend. It's cold. Burrr!

Lori said...

Here's hoping that you're all feeling better by now! I'm raising my Sam Adams, Cherry Wheat beer in a toast for you as I type (from my new basement..yippee!).

Happy New Year!