Monday, August 20, 2007

Cuter Than I Ever Imagined


What do you think of that dress?

I bought that dress four years ago. It was a gift for my brand new niece, Abigail. I loved it. I loved it so much that I couldn't part with it. It was silly to keep a dress when, at the time, I had a two year old boy, but I knew my sister could never love that dress the way I did so I hung it in Jacob's closet under the justification that number two, our last baby, might be a girl and I would need it then. A year and a half later we found out number two would not, in fact, be a girl so I pulled the dress from the closet and replaced it with little blue numbers. I tried twice to ship that dress on to others who had birthed baby girls, but I couldn't do it. No one could love the dress as much as I did, so I wrapped it in blue tissue paper and stored it in the depths of our cedar chest hoping that one day I would present it to my granddaughter, if it lasted that long.


Yesterday, I remembered the dress.


I may be a boymom at heart, but I am so glad I finally have someone to wear the dress.

7 comments:

OneHungMan said...

She's a cutie, and yes, the dress looks very nice.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

She's gorgeous and looks like a little lady in her dress. I think she's going to be your child that will "pose" for the camera too. She seems to "work" the camera :)

Mommy Daisy said...

Love the little dress. Oh so cute on her. And now I don't feel so guilty about the cute little pink knitted hat I bought for a friend who had a baby, then at the last minute kept it for myself. (I have one boy...with hopes for a girl in the future.)

Lynsey said...

That is definitely her color....she's just precious!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I did that with a tiny little girl shirt I bought 9 years ago... and forgot to put it on Corinne before she outgrew it! It is a very sweet dress. And she's gotten so beautiful!

Miss Hope said...

Definately worth the wait, don't you think? That dress was made for her. Go ahead and keep it for her daughter.

photoqueen said...

I came across your site because of boys...I have 2, a 3.5 year old and a one year old. I love love love them, but I too have a dress in the closet...maybe someday I'll be able to share the same blog.

Too cute.