Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Good Recipe

Pork chops were on sale this week. $1.79 a pound for boneless loin chops. I usually put them in the crock pot with some vegetables, but I forgot to do that yesterday so I searched on one of my favorite sites, allrecipes.com, and found a good and easy one that doesn't have to be prepared ten hours ahead.

And since ya'll might have pork chops on sale at your stores this week too, I will share it with you. Here's the original recipe.

And here's what I did with it.

Brown Sugar Chops

6 boneless pork chops
6 tablespoons brown sugar
6 tablespoons margarine
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey

I sprayed a baking dish with non-stick spray and salt and peppered each side of the pork chops before placing them in the pan. I zapped all the other ingredients in the microwave and combined them well and then poured the mixture over each chop. I placed the pork chops in a preheated 350 degree oven covered with foil for 45 minutes. I took the foil off and sprinkled a little more brown sugar on top of each chop and cooked them another ten minutes and then a few minutes under the broiler to crisp the sugary crust.

There were no leftovers.

Even the picky ones licked their plate clean.

And with some cheap sweet potatoes the entire meal cost $4.25.

I'm glad I bought two packages.

5 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

This is one I am writing down right now! I love that-everything sounds like something we would eat here! I can't wait to make it!

kelly jeanie said...

Yum!! I'm noting this one. Allrecipes is my go-to recipe site as well.

Thanks for this!

Lynsey said...

thank you for posting this! Sounds awesome- I'm gonna make them!

Maggie said...

YUM!!! Can I come to your house for dinner!! LOL We have some potatoes at home... need to fry some up tonight!! I love fried potatoes... OK, now I'm hungry. LOL

Lynsey said...

PS- I'm making them for our sunday night feast. I was going to make them tonight but we ate a huge, fattening lunch and are still full, so we'll save them for tomorrow. Thanks again for posting!
Lynsey