Sunday, April 24, 2011

Because He's My First Baby...

My dog almost died this week.

But he didn't.



Instead he got a $3500 spleenectomy done by a fancy-schmancy veterinary surgeon complete with new-fangled funnel alternative.

Plus the added towel since the expensive blow-up donut didn't keep him from releasing two staples in the blink of an eye.

This will give him nine more months. Maybe a year.

We had to do it though. The maybe two weeks was more than we could hear.

So we won't be going to Disney next year.

We won't be getting curtains. Finally.

But our dog will be here this summer. And possibly Christmas.

So it was worth it.

4 comments:

Crazed Nitwit said...

Totally worth it!

Jana said...

What a sweet boy he is....I'm glad he's better.

Aunt Murry said...

Having lost a pet after keeoing him alive with steroids, muscle relaxers and pain pills for two years and letting him play in the snow one last time, I totally understand. (I used to be Aunt Murry from 'All I want is a good night's sleep')

Sadie said...

This is good news, I've been thinking about you.

And I have to say, I don't blame you for one single minute. You know good and well I'd sell myself on a street corner to pay for some advanced procedure for Max.