Monday, May 04, 2020

57


Texas opened this weekend.   

Fucking idiots is all I have to say about that. 

You will have to really squint or make it bigger if you can but that is Crystal Beach on the other side of the Galveston ferry on Saturday.   My friend was there and snapped this picture.   



Do you see any social distancing there?   Huh-uh, didn't think so.   25% capacity?   Bwah-ha-ha.  

Crystal Beach is on the Boliver Peninsula.  It is a thin strip of land, many places you can see the water on both sides as you drive through.   Before this day they had ZERO cases of covid.  I am sure these fine citizens probably stopped for food or the use the restroom during their very cramped stay.   I am sure we will see Boliver have cases now.   It's very sad.  

It was a two hour drive to get down to Galveston from here.  We are 20 miles away.  It's never been as crowded as it was this weekend.   I would say 75% of those people would never have gone there on a regular weekend.  But, please, go stand really close to a stranger so you can say the government can't control you.  

Chances are none of these people will get sick.  That's the way it goes isn't it?   Bad things happen to good people, good things happen to bad people.   I am sure some of those assholes down there probably work with Derick.   HE will be the one to catch this virus.   HE will be the one to bring it to his family.   WE will be the ones who get sick.    Or, my biggest fear, lots of these morons drove from hours north of here and as they drive home they stop at the only store my parents have access to and cough all over something there and my dad goes in BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO EAT and they catch it and die.  They have stayed completely isolated for nine weeks going to the post office twice and the store once and they could DIE because some selfish fuck couldn't wear a mask or just stay in their home a little longer.  

I mean, are people REALLY this stupid?  I get they are bored.  HELL, I am fucking bored but do they BELIEVE the virus went away because the governor said they could have a burger in a restaurant?  

My grandmother hated people.   

I am starting to understand her a lot more.  

1 comment:

Star said...

How are you doing? Just a check in, from still-mostly-closed Ontario