Monday, February 21, 2022

Oh Look, A Holiday....

 Oh how I need a day off.   It's 10:30 and I still haven't done a thing.   I haven't decided if I feel good or bad about this.  


He's my spirit animal.    He's happy I didn't leave today.   Yet.  

How is it I have to clean more than I did when they were little?  My goodness, I spent all weekend making this place spotless and woke up this morning to such a mess.   I sometimes think my husband makes it just to have something to complain about.   I am just grateful he still went to work during the shutdown.  

Anyway, I developed a little, bitty E-bay habit during that time.   I have some cool stuff now and a beautiful new cheap wardrobe, but it caused him to develop a great big bad attitude because, really, Je-sus wants the women to submit to their husband so how dare you?  To keep the peace I've been paying the charge bills since this summer (which also happen to have the groceries he eats, the clothes his kids wear, the car repairs, you know).   As of yesterday I am completely broke of the money I saved since I started working again in 2010.  It's sad that in twelve years of teaching I only saved $28,433.  So yes, blew through it all and not all of that was E-bay related.  

ADD Moment:   I applied to teach in Florida recently, thought maybe I'd do summer school there.   Um, they pay $25,000 a year with a Masters.   You don't get to complain about school closures and mask mandates and your kid's lazy teacher while that is still going on.  

So as I was seeing that 0 balance in something I was hoping would help me get away from years of negativity retire, wondering what would happen if I or the kids actually needed something my chakras aligned with a thought:   What WILL happen if I don't charge anything else this year.   Yes.  Year.   I am working three jobs and get paid pretty little BUT I can use this time to save.   It was kinda nice not going into the supermarket during "it".  Ditto, Target.  

Don't get me wrong, I love Target.  And Dollar Tree.   And goodness gracious that Marshalls!   But they are bad news for me.  Let's not mention Amazon.   Ebay?   I think I'll miss you most of all. 

So.   

This is something new I am going to try.   I doubt it'll cure the negativity, but at least I'll be able to replenish a small savings just in case. 

I don't think I'll discuss that here.   This began for the kids and I want to mostly keep it that way.   If you wonder that will be here:   

 For Richer, For Poorer

I'm the latter now, the husband is the former.  

No comments: