Thursday, November 30, 2006

It's So Cold!

I am cracking up over here. Every year when the weather starts to "get cold" the Texans all blow a gasket and act like the earth is going to dissolve around them. I could not find one radio station on the way to school this morning that wasn't warning everyone to get out and get prepared for the cold front. The low is going to be 30 people.....30! That's the low.....highs will still be in the 50s, sweater weather. On the local news last night they were interviewing the salesmen at a coat store and I laughed out loud as the recounted their tales of hard work on the run on coats. Now I realize these Texans blood runs warm, but come on now, is the cold going to hurt you that much? I am in charge of finding day care workers for my moms group and I can't find any takers because no one "wants to get out in the weather". It amazes me. Thirty degrees for a high can be normal this time of year where I am from....we dealt with it. There was no staying home or rushing out to buy a new coat or beating people up in the Lowes for the last space heater. It was life. I am stoked for 30 degrees....I can't wait to wear warm pajamas tonight and actually turn off my air conditioner. It's December....it should be cold! Bring on the snow!

7 comments:

OneHungMan said...

That's always amazed OneHung as well. Being from the midwest where the range of temperatures for any given year (or week for that matter) can go from a low of five below to 105; you learn to take what Mother Nature throws your way.

Having said that, OneHung finds anything below 40 and anything above 80 to be an issue. Any temperature between 40-80 makes playing golf very enjoyable...outside those extremes and some of the fun is lost.

Celeste Creates said...

Yep, us Texans are pretty crazy! But I say bring on the cold. And do remember, the news people are always huring for something good - sometimes more than others - he he

Lori said...

Send some of that our way! It's 72 degrees here today, I'm ready for the winter! :)

I think that same cold front is supposed to reach us tomorrow...I CAN'T wait! :)

Sadie said...

I agree with you. It's ridiculous that people freak out. One snowflake and there will be no bread or milk left in the stores. Of course, I'll be buying milk too so I can make snow cream!

Shane H. said...

You go girl! The people in S.C. are exactly the same way. Dont' you wonder what they'd do if they didn't see the grass for weeks because of snow? Enjoy your warm jammies!

Michelle said...

Wow, I left a really long comment here yesterday and now it's gone? Blogger is so frustrating sometimes!!

Unknown said...

I'm a native Arizonan and I'm just like those Texans -- our highs last week were in the 50's and I thought I was going to die from the cold. :::brrrrr::: It's not my fault, my blood's just thin. I don't ever complain about heat, though.

I run a website, Babes in Blogland, that lists ttc, expecting, and parenting bloggers to help us all find one another. I've added your site to the blogroll. If you need me to correct any information or if you would like for me to remove the link, please let me know.

Thank you and congratulations.