Saturday, November 25, 2006

To Whom it May Concern.....

Dear Mountaineers,

For the past twenty years I have cheered you on. Through the 1988 unbeaten season to the 1994 1-9 season I was there, donning my blue and gold forever faithful to "my team". I remember with fondness the strains of Simple Gifts and Country Roads played by the Pride of West Virginia before each game. I tear up anytime I see a picture of Mountaineer Field. The years I spent at WVU were among the best in my life and I thank you for being a part of that. I, however, regret to inform you that after today's disappointing and baffling performance against unranked South Florida I can no longer direct my football passion in your direction. We must make a clean break. I have moved on. I now love the Scarlet Knights of Rutgers and will follow them through the Big East Conference. It was fun while it lasted.......

4 comments:

Shane H. said...

Now come on...I know today was disappointing, but you can't just give up on them. Surely you posted in anger, right? Come on say it with me.....Let's Go 'Eers!!! That's the spirit. :)

Amie said...

I don't know why, but it seems as if bloglines is not notifying me when half my blogs I subscribe to are updated! Very annoying. Just wanted to let you know I was here and had to catch up on your last several entries.

Sadie said...

Oh, Andria. I kinda understand. The Tigers have never been big winners, but I do know how it feels to lose... And it sucks.

But don't give up forever. If you want to love Rutgers in December that's cool, but you never know, the Mountaineers may re-earn your love next fall.

As any Tiger fan could tell you (and usually says after the first game of each season), there's always next fall!

Michelle said...

I posted a video clip of Kayla today and it has to do with football, and WVU just happened to be on during this clip - I thought you would get a kick out of it! (Now I wasn't paying any attention to the game so I don't know who actually won!)