Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I Really Should Be Packing

I am totally ignoring my children right now so I can spend some quality, warm-fuzzy time with my internetz because who knows what might happen on Monday. I shudder to even think of it. I did find out that, yeah, I can get me some high speed through a cable company but that would require 1. a cable modem that we don't currently have ($$$) and 2. Signing up for a ridiculously priced package with lots of things we really don't need or can really afford (more $$$) and 3. Quite possibly my fifth born child because, man, they think really highly of it.

And to answer Melissa's questions, who was the only one to participate:

I am 5 foot 3.

I prefer cooking over baking, although I like them both. I have won awards for my orange brownies (twenty bucks and a cheap medal) which are really Paula Deen's orange brownies, but no one in my real life needs to know that. I am asked to bring them to all of Jacob's school functions. You can find the recipe here.

I have learned to be a pretty good cook thanks to the library and The Food Network. My husband's friend calls here at least once a week begging me to drive six hours to give his new wife lessons. I don't really think there's a trick to it. I just know how to follow a recipe. Tonight we're having chicken piccata. Quick, easy, and delicious.

And since ya'll didn't have any more questions, I'm giving you the ones I stole from Becky.

So there.

What is your biggest pet peeve? Rude people. If it's really that hard for you to smile and be friendly, stay home. And all the crazy people breaking the pick-up/drop-off rules at Jacob's school every day. Again, I am surprised we made it through the year without being in an accident and/or being mowed down by a Christian giving me the finger.

Anyone going to see the Sex in the City movie? No. Can you believe I've never even watched the show? But apparently I am most like Charlotte according to some Facebook quiz I took a while back.

What is your favorite crappy song to jam out to? I don't listen to crappy music. I do, however, turn on The Smiths, Volume 1 every. single. day. I have also been caught singing along with "Let My Love Open The Door" on the ipod. This may explain why the current neighbors don't speak to us.

What makes you gag? Taking a pill. I have a hard time swallowing pills. Cleaning vomit is pretty bad, too.

What’s your least favorite thing to do? Clean pee off the floors, toilet seats, and walls in all three bathrooms of my house every. single. morning.

What’s your favorite part of blogging? The friendships, the social interaction, the feeling that someone, anyone, might feel the way I do. I think my husband's favorite part is that he doesn't have to hear all my complaints now that I can gripe online from time-to-time.

6 comments:

Bittermama said...

Pay whatever they ask for the cable internet. Can you do the cable/phone/internet? That actually ended up saving us money when we switched. In any case, pay whatever they want. Once you've had highspeed, you can't go back, woman!

Oh, and I'm moving next Friday, so I'm counting on you to report back from the other side and tell me we'll all survive!

I Am Boymom said...

Boymom! I am boymom too! We have a lot in common! So glad I found your blog, I am sooo with you on wiping up the pee thing! How can 2little boys miss a the hole that is 3 times the size of their...well, you know. And I swear they purposely rotate toilets throughout the house to ensure they leave their mark on each one. Don't even get me started on their Dad! Anyway, putting you on my Daily Reads, 'cause I love your humor and Boymoms Rock!
http:iamboymom.blogspot.com

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I am so scared for you with the internet thing. Maybe the internet gods will take pity on you and DSL lines will get installed soon. What about that Hugh's Net where that annoying woman says anyone can have high speed internet with satellite? Just a thought.
I've never seen any Sex in the City either. I won't be seeing that movie or probably ANY movie this summer. We're lame and only go out if it's work related.
Your only 5'3"? Gee, you seem so much taller :)

OneHungMan said...

Fortunately for the Hungs, YoungHung pees outside...a lot.

Melissa said...

Thanks for answering my questions and for the rocking recipes.
I am right there with ya cleaning up pee every.single.day, probably several times a day, I quit counting after three. I told hubs to put in a urinal at our next house so the boys won't have issues, well...atleast I hope not.

Dana said...

Pee on the walls, I know that well. It's just so gross! Can they not aim? I am so tempted to make them sit while peeing. Do you think that would be too damaging to their fragile psyches? I mean, EWW! And the worst thing is, in my house, after I use the restroom, I put the toilet seat UP, yet they still put it down and pee all over it!