Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Strike a Pose

At 17 months, I am finally seeing some difference between boys and girls.

Elizabeth loves to pick out dresses and change her clothes throughout the day. I have to stand over the boys and make sure they change their underwear every day.

Elizabeth loves to have her hair styled and brushed (although she still won't keep the clips). The boys hide the tangle spray and combs.

Elizabeth wants her shoes on her feet first thing in the morning and always knows where they are. The boys are lucky to find two shoes that match and wear them only under duress

My sons both began running from the camera at this age. Elizabeth will grin and pose anytime she sees one



Maybe a little feminine influence will be all it takes to finally get a beautiful picture of my children.



I can dream, can't I?

11 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Wow. I'll be asking you for a ton of help with hair stuff when this baby comes. IF it's still possibly a girl.

MARY-ANN said...

Love the new pics expecially your new profile pic!!
Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Man, she looks like Adam!

Miss Hope said...

I'm just laughing away over here. Duct tape, my friend. Use duct tape to keep them still and in place. And even though I know it's tempting? Just long for a picture, man.

Heidi said...

Oh, to have that girl! I had the girl first and totally got spoiled, and then came the boy! Boy oh Boy! He's a mess, I know how you feel. I haven't gotten a decent pic in a year and a half. But they are all great in their own way, huh?

Erin said...

I hope my sister has a daughter, so that I can play dress up and hairdresser and paint toe nails. That being said, I'm glad I have boys!

Dana said...

She's such a doll! I love the pose. I think you've somehow managed to clone yourself in her! She is your carbon copy! Man, I sure wish I could experience boy vs. girl differences firsthand!

Shane H. said...

It's going to be so much fun having a girly gir!

Amie said...

Such a cutie!

Sadie loves shoes too, I wish she always knew where they were though. She is constantly carrying them around and leaving them places.

Lynsey said...

LOL. that picture is priceless. Especially Adam who seems to have something in his eye.

Dana said...

Seriously though, I want to squeeze her everytime I see this photo! So cute

You've been tagged......check it out at my blog if you've got the time!