Sunday, February 05, 2006

quick note

Adam has a double ear infection with one ruptured ear drum. He ran a fever ever since he went to the doctor's office on Tuesday but I stupidly assumed it was from the vaccinations. On Friday he was fussy after not sleeping well Thursday night and again, I just figured he was tired. When his ear started spewing fluid I knew something was up. We went back to the doctor, third time in two weeks, and got the diagnosis. He is on oral antibiotic as well as cipro drops for his ears. Jacob has NEVER had an ear infection, in fact he is so rarely sick that all these doctor trips and fevers and fussiness is new to me. Weird, but my first one was formula fed and I can count the number of times he has been sick on one hand (knock on wood). Number two is STILL breastfed (another issue in itself) and he has already surpassed brother on the illness scale. Interesting......

Changing the subject....we tour a different private school close to us tomorrow morning. It is much cheaper and they have half day kindergarten (yeah!). Let's hope this is a good match for us.

No comments: