Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Cake


So Adam is better finally. The snot is flowing like a fountain, but the fever is gone and he seems to be back to his easygoing self again. Thank goodness. I hate when my kids are sick. We never could get the tylenol to work on his fever so after the so called party on Saturday my mom went out and bought infant motrin and that fixed him up in 20 minutes. Why oh why didn't we think of that earlier? Anyway, he was raring for some cake once his fever came down and here are my obligatory shove the cake in your mouth shots. The kid loves cake!

Adam's one year appointment was this morning. He is doing well, aside from the river of snot. He weighs 17 pounds even and was 28 1/2 inches. He is a teeny thing thats for sure. He got 2 shots....I put off the MMR and varicella until 18 months, I am just weird that way. I taught autistic kids for a year and each and every parent thought those vaccinations were what caused their kids problems. I do not think that myself, but just on the off chance I delay it and it makes me feel better. I did the same thing with Jacob after talking with the doctor about it (ok, crying on her shoulder about it) and I know she was expecting me to do it today as well. I LOVE my pediatrician....she doesn't agree with me all the time, but she works with me and is great with my boys.

We are trying to decide if we are placing Jacob in private school next year...kindergarten, how did that come so fast?? I have narrowed to 3 schools, leaning more towards one, most expensive of course. I have until tomorrow to decide if I want to enroll him in the expensive one or pay an even more steep registration fee. I also found a school that is half day, which is what I would prefer, but I don't know much about the place yet and doubt I can find out more before end of business day tomorrow. SO, there are decisions to be made and I just hope I make the right one...easy as cake.

No comments: