Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!

It's 2006 already? I am not prepared. Adam will be one on the 23rd...I liked having a baby right after the holidays, but now I am seeing where it is not so great. We still haven't organized the new Christmas toys and now I have to go out and get birthday toys PLUS organize a party for the birthday boy. The Christmas decorations are still up and I don't see them coming down anytime soon...the toys are all over the living room, heck lets just say it...they are all over the house. I haven't cleaned anything in over a week...its a mess. Yep, sure wish Adam were a summer baby now.

WVU won the Sugar Bowl! I shouldn't diss my team, but I am a little surprised. This is the 2nd bowl victory in 12 games....not a good track record. The first quarter was just awesome, but I knew it was too good to be true...I have been a Mountaineer fan for over 20 years, I know the drill, Georgia has a great passing game and their quarterback did a great job closing the 28-0 gap. But, a win is a win so I will take it anyway it comes. I would have really loved to have been in Morgantown last night....of course I am too old for all that now.

We spent a week up at the lake....nice weather, in the high 70s each day, more like April than December. The boys had fun playing outside but they both came down with Handfootmouth disease midweek so it was a stressful end, sore throats and fevers all around. I think they are getting better, rash is fading, fevers are gone so we are slowly getting back to business around here.

We are watching the news channels for updates on the miners in West Virginia....very sad, the news doesn't look promising for them. A miracle would be a good way to start 2006.

No comments: