Friday, January 13, 2006

Brothers


This is one of my favorite pictures...it is old, probably from August. Adam was about 6 months old here. It makes me laugh everytime I see it because I remember that morning. Adam just learned to pull up the night before and he was so proud of himself to make it over to the fun train table and finally see what his brother had been doing all that time. Jacob finally had what he had been waiting for: someone to play with. My boys get along so well, I still can't believe how lucky I am. My sister and I are the exact same age difference as Adam and Jacob and I can remember being resentful or her a lot of the time. I just don't see this with Jacob. I wonder if this is because they are boys. I am so glad Jacob has a brother and I am even more glad to see what a good brother he is. This morning was the first day I took Adam to the park to actually play. Now that he is walking well I could let him down to be a big boy...sniff, sniff, it was hard to do, but Jacob was so sweet showing his brother all the cool stuff on the playground. I was so worried the whole time I was pregnant with Adam that we were ruining Jacob's life. I thought for sure he would resent the baby and us for having him, but it has been just the opposite....he is so happy to have a baby brother, so protective of him. I can't believe what sweet boys I have.

My friend, Jennifer, had a baby boy yesterday morning. I am so happy for her! This is her second boy, but her first one was stillborn last year. I watch my own boys and I am sad that the new baby will never know his brother, but nothing like your very own guardian angel I guess.

No comments: