Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Book of Daniel

Ok..so there has been a lot of hype about the new show, The Book of Daniel. Its about an Episcopal priest with an extremely dysfunctional family who talks to Jesus. Four NBC affiliates even refused to air last night's episode for fear of ticking off the conservative Christians. Well, I had never really intended to watch the show, I don't get to watch as much tv as I used to and the show came on right at prime bath/bed time, but I decided to watch it anyhow, thinking it was a half hour show which turned out to be a two hour show. Anyway, I didn't see anything that wrong with it. Daniel's family is very much dysfunctional with big time problems, but what person doesn't have problems? After all the scandal with Catholic priests in the past few years haven't we all realized that men of God are also human as well? I guess the biggest gripe was that Daniel talked to Jesus and they way the set it up in the media I was ready for something truly classless, but I think it went over well. I mean, aren't we told to talk to Jesus in times of trouble? Jesus shows up for Daniel in all his times of trouble, shouldn't that be comforting? I think the show is along the lines of Joan of Arcadia (Oh, how I miss it) and the Oh, God movies. I think its a good show....I might tivo it BUT I figure with all this scandal it will get cancelled just as I start to really enjoy it...RIP Reunion, Wonderfalls, Port Charles.

No comments: