Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Treasure Tuesday

I don't have many tangible treasures here in West Virginia, since all my sentimental stuff is back home, but I did receive a sweet treasure yesterday morning from my husband...these beautiful flowers he had delivered for our anniversary. I don't get many flower arrangements, remember my husband and I are cheap so when we weigh the fact that a flower delivery can set us back fifty bucks, we usually decide to spend the fifty bucks on, say, groceries or a dinner out. The year Jacob was born we were so sleep deprived and half crazy that we almost let the day pass so I got my husband a half-gallon of ice cream while he treated me to a 2-liter of vanilla coke (my first taste and the beginning of my soda love affair). You know what? I was thrilled with that vanilla coke; I'm pretty low maintenance that way, but these flowers were such a nice surprise and we are all enjoying them so much, especially Phoebe the cat who tries to snack on them behind our backs.

I think the gorgeous little dude next to them is somewhat of a treasure too.

6 comments:

Pro-Divorce said...

Very nice...you better keep him (the hubby I'm talking about).

Jennifer said...

Great job Hubby! Don't you hate it when they suprise you with something really nice and all you got them was a card!

Faith said...

Nice surprise!!!! so pretty too! That little guy next to them is quite adorable!!

sweet memories said...

sweet hubby, glad you go them, they are so pretty, I know that you mean about the Vanilla coke, it is the simple things in life that make me so happy, but I dont yell at my hubby if he gets flowers anymore..I used to but then I gave up.hope you are enjoying your time with your family...

firstborn said...

aww andria! wicked adorable, flowers & jacob!

looney said...

don't you just love it when your dh takes the initiative and then romantically surprises you? what a beautiful lil'smile on your lil' cutie pie...way to go to the wonderful guys in your life! ;)looney