Thursday, January 11, 2007

This is What I Think of My Blog

Janeen tagged me with a meme, which is good because I had nothing else to say today. Here it is:


1. Do you like the looks and content of your blog? I'm not crazy about the look so I am shopping around for something else. The blogger templates are too boring for me. I don't have enough computer skills to make something on my own. It would be pretty sad if I didn't like the content since basically it is my life on display.

2. Does your family know about your blog? Well, my husband knows and has since made his own blog to keep up I guess. We got in a little tiff because he wouldn't let me look at his and I don't think he has looked at mine since then. No one else knew until this fall when someone I know told her mom about it who in turn told my mom about it and she was not happy. She still thinks someone will show up on my doorstep to kill us with their bare hands. No one else knows that I am aware of.

3. Can you tell your friends about your blog? Some of my far off friends know about it and check it now and then but I don't advertise about it. Most of my friends have no idea I have a blog and it does feel weird to be like, hey, read my blog, as if you don't know enough about my life. If someone asks for it, I give them the address, if not I keep my mouth shut.

4. Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? I always check out the blogs of those who comment. I like to see who is reading about my life. I love the next blog button, I have found many cool blogs that way and when and if I have time I will cruise through everybody's link list.

5. Did your blog positively affect your mind? What? My mind is the same as it was before I had a blog. I do think it has become a good outlet for frustrations and a place to document the cute things my kids do that I may otherwise forget.

6. What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? I don't know. Somedays I get a lot, sometimes not so much. I like that I have a little circle of friends who check on me each day and I get a good laugh to see what google is sending my way.....very, very interesting what people are looking for on the web.

7. Do you imagine what other bloggers look like? The ones with pics I can see in my head as I read them, but I figure if someone doesn't have their picture up they don't want to be seen, so no.

8. Do you think blogging has any real benefit? For me or for life in general? Blogging is beneficial to me because I have met and read about so many other people and their lives which are similar to mine and I don't feel so "alone" in the parenting world. I have also read about bloggers whose lives have been turned upside down by circumstance and I get inspiration from their ability to keep going and living their lives everyday and it also makes me realize how blessed I really am.

9. Do you think that the blogosphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world? No.....people from all walks of life seem to have a blog these days.

10. Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them? I tend to skip over them because I really am not looking for something that heavy, but if someone is writing about a topic I am passionate about I stop and see.

11. Do you think criticizing your blog is useful? I am not taking a writing class, so no. I write what's on my mind and in my life and if someone doesn't like that I guess that's their right. I do put it out for the whole world to see so I run that risk. The only criticism I have gotten so far is that my husband said I was way too longwinded and he got shut out the next time he came knocking because I didn't want to bore him with my longwindedness.

12. Have you ever thought what would happen to your blog in case you died? Only once when all that stuff was going on with my mom and I didn't have any idea when I would be blogging again. I thought about giving my husband my password and having him pass on the news, but I haven't done that yet.

13. Which blogger has had the greatest impression on you? Gee, that's not fair. I taught school and have small children, I do not condone singling others out and making others feel bad.

14. Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you? That's hard to say. I think I have a lot in common with the other boy moms because we basically do the same wrangling every day. Although he's not a mommy blogger, OneHung and I share a lot of the same interests such as eighties music, beer and frustration over stupid people

15. Name a song you want to listen to. I Want To Talk About Me by Toby Keith or you can never go wrong with Jack and Diane

7 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Sigh. No one ever tags me... You must be very cool. :) How're you feeling lately?

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Thanks for doing this! I have to say that OneHung cracks me up and so do you:)

Michelle said...

This was a fun meme to read everyone's answers too!

andria said...

Tracey,

You can be tagged...I never tag anyone because it feels like high school getting turned down for the play part or cheerleading or something to me.

Lori said...

I like this meme too. I might jump on the bandwagon. I guess I need to finish the other TWO I've been working on first though eh?

By the way...what the hell does meme stand for? I'll probably look like an idiot asking, but what the hell. ;)

OneHungMan said...

Thanks ...mama.

Anonymous said...

hi andria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you crack me up as always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know, that's a lot of exclamation points...but i want you to know that even though i've been MIA, i think of you & your fam often...hope all is going well with everything!

i have the xmas card you sent me hanging proudly in my wall of fame...

leaving for chicago for the weekend...my fil has been asking about our whereabouts...so we're making the trip to mecca, i mean , to see him...just hope we don't get caught in the blizzard they say is coming this way sunday nite...

huge hugs to you,
mary ann xo