Friday, January 12, 2007

Two things today.....

We just found out that a dear friend of the family is dying and may not live to see next week. She hadn't felt "normal" for quite some time and just brushed it off as fatigue and work stress. By the time her kids forced her to the doctor and subsequently into the hospital for tests it was too late. She is ravaged by cancer and as I type an ambulance is driving her home to die. So, to all of you, if you don't feel right, see a doctor as soon as possible so you aren't spending your last week trying to get your affairs in order.


And....

If you homeschool, please, please, please let me know what curriculum (curricula?) are working for you, how you structure your day, what you love about it and what you don't. I haven't decided yet what I plan to do with Jacob in the fall, but I have about three weeks to sign him up for next year and I would like to check out the homeschooling offerings before I do. He is working with Abeka right now and I can get that as a homeschool curriculum (I think). What are your thoughts on it?

11 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I'm so sorry about your family friend. I'm saying a prayer for her and her family.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh, I am so sorry about your friend! I hope that her last moments are peaceful and without pain...

Amie said...

So sorry about your friend! Wow terrible.

We use Christian Liberty Press for our curriculm. It's okay for a curriculum, although we are leaning away from the curriculum and more towards the Charlotte Mason method. I know people who use ABeka, and I understand that it is quite advanced in skill level.

Amie said...

Oh yeah... this is our day: Wake up whenever (no set time), have breakfast, do school (about 1-1.5 hours). I try to get it done right away, but some days we do it later. And once a art, which is another hour or so.

OneHungMan said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. It won't mean much, but OneHung left you some love on his blog yesterday, though you may have to scroll through a few posts to get to it.

Sadie said...

I'm sorry about your friend.

Lori said...

(((hugs))) Andria. That's horrible! I'll be praying for your friend and her family.

Good luck deciding what to do with school. I'm really interested in homeschooling, so I'll be following your story closely.

Lynsey said...

So, so sorry to hear about your friend. It's a sad week, I just found out that a woman who used to work with my mom, has died. She was only 42 years old.

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, what a difficult time this must be. I'll say a prayer for her family.

sorry no advice on the homeschooling.

Shane H. said...

I'll keep your friend and her family in my prayers. I do not homeschool, as you know, but when Garrett was in K5 they used ABeka...way to advanced for him at that a point.

andria said...

Just seeing if it will post comments.