Monday, April 17, 2006

Life's a Beach


One more holiday down for the year. It turned out allright, better than I had anticipated seeing as how my husband was on death's door, but let's just say I am glad there is a five day work week. At one time Derick was looking into working four days every other week. I shudder to think. We are back to normal here and I couldn't be happier. I like Monday. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband, but he definitely wouldn't make it as a stay home parent and I had just about hit my limit with his health complaints. He honestly did wonder if he caught the bird flu BUT it didn't keep him from bowling with his buddy on Saturday afternoon or helping same buddy replace a water heater all Easter afternoon.


Anyway, we did make it to the beach on Friday and it was wonderful, crowded, but wonderful. This was the first time for Adam and it was so much fun to watch him experience the two things he loves most in the world, dirt and water, in the same place. He has absolutely no fear. He would tear off for the surf and crash head first into the water, but just come up and head back for more. We got a lot of exercise chasing after him. Jacob actually went in the water! This is big for him as he is AFRAID of large bodies of water. He had a blast "riding the waves". It was a nice way to spend the day.

We had a pretty full weekend...Easter egg hunts, church services, dinner with friends Saturday AND Sunday....I am craving some down time today. I love DOING, but just being is highly underrated. I am soooo glad it's Monday.

1 comment:

andria said...

It was beautiful weather on Friday, not the hot Texas heat is here. So long spring, hello summer....ugh.