Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tuesday Tidbits

You know you have to succumb to the kiddy music in the car when your child goes to school singing: "I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die". No more Johnny Cash in the car for me.

I crack up every time I hear Jacob say "I'm just trying to be a better person, my name is Earl"

This is my new best friend! I am going to throw out the twenty others I have and commit to this one. Well, no, I could never do that, but this stuff is GREAT!

You know sometimes I think God will just do things for you, just because. I mean, He works miracles and all, but I have to think he was working for me because when I sat down last night to watch the Grey's Anatomy episode I had tivoed, I found that the Lost episode I missed on Wednesday was rerun on Saturday and this time my TIVO got it right! SO, I was able to watch my two favorite shows back to back....pure heaven. Is anybody else watching Grey's Anatomy? I started just to see Patrick Dempsey, so hot, but I think I love George now. Something about the way he jumped in there and helped Bailey birth that baby endeared me to him forever. I heart George.

As I was making Jacob's lunch for school today he came up behind me and hugged me and said, "Thanks Mom, you are the best mom I have ever had". That was so sweet and I should have left it at that, but I had to go and tell him I was the only mom he had and he said, "No, Kristan is my mom too". Kristan is my husband's sister, he has seen her only once. This hurt my feelings that he would think a woman he has spent 3 hours with his entire existence, could equal the woman who birthed him, feeds him, and wipes his butt. I explained to him that he only has one mom...ME, but he was still confused, after talking with him about it, it turns out that he watched Kristan make a meal and to him that is what moms do so she must be his mom as well...either this or he thinks my husband's sister is his other wife and that is just downright creepy.

Why can't men sit on the toilet to do their business? I am getting really sick of having to wipe down seats and floors every time I go into the bathroom. My only complaint about living with men.

Adam is flipping through my wedding album. He loves to look at pictures of people. He stops at each one and points to me and says "Mama". I wonder what he will do when he gets to the page with Kristan on it? LOL......Have a good Tuesday!

No comments: