Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thursday Thoughts

We planted a garden yesterday. An extrememly small garden, but nevertheless, a garden. We have green beans and nasturtiums. This is what Jacob chose. He wanted tomatoes but I have never been able to grow them here so he settled on the pole beans. I doubt any of it actually survives, much less bears fruit, but we had fun digging in the dirt and spraying the dog with the hose so it made for a fun afternoon.

I used to love to garden when I lived in WV. We grew mass quantities of all kinds of fruits and vegetables and all we did was throw seeds in the ground and water it every day. I cannot get anything to grow in Texas; I have tried for the past five years and still nothing survives past June. What I wouldn't give for a homegrown tomato.

Adam is sick AGAIN. He started running a fever yesterday afternoon and it was up to 104 by bedtime. I can't tell that anything is wrong with him so I guess it is just a virus. He was so miserable all night long. He and I were up from 2 until he finally conked out at 5:15. I am a zombie today and, of course, Adam won't nap so I can't either. I find it very interesting that my breast fed baby is sick typically every 8 weeks and my formula fed baby has been sick a total of five times in his five years.

Well, Bucky got the boot last night. It really was his time to go, in my opinion. I really have no preferences, still, on who I would like to see win this year. I would just like Kellie to quit the dumb hillbilly schtick. She is making us country folk look bad.

No comments: