Monday, May 28, 2007

Elizabeth at 1 Month

Dear Elizabeth,

What a ride it's been baby girl! Not only did you surprise us since the day we discovered you were joining us, you shocked us by missing some parts as well. Our darling Ethan (or Nate, Samuel, Andrew, or Noah) turned into an Elizabeth in the blink of an eye and we couldn't be more thrilled.

It took us a while to get used to changing girly diapers and the presence of pink blankies and pacifiers, but we are slowly getting the hang of it. I cannot tell you how much I love dressing you in sweet little dresses. My very own baby doll.

At one month old, you weigh about seven and a half pounds and are probably about 21 inches long by now. You wore preemie diapers your first two weeks and are now in newborn diapers, but we will switch you to size ones on our next shopping trip. You have begun to get little fat rolls on your thighs and I could eat up your double chin. You are still wearing newborn clothing and most of the 0-3 are too big for you, but I suspect in the next two weeks you will be wearing them just fine.

You were born with dark black hair and gray eyes. In the past week or so you have taken on a kind of calico cat do, you have stripes of black and stripes of red. It has been suggested that we call you Kitty. Your eyes are becoming more and more blue. You started smiling maybe a week ago and are doing it more and more. I think you might have a dimple like Jacob.

Life as a baby hasn't been easy for you. You cry. Alot. You shriek, in fact. It's a bit unsettling for us, but we'll try anything to calm you. You currently have a mylicon addiction and just seeing the bottle will soothe your cries. You do not like to be left alone in the crib, but you will sleep there about thirty-forty minutes before you wake up wailing. You must sleep in someone's arms and, where I love to hold you, it's hard to do all day with your brother in the house.

Speaking of brother....Adam adores you. He cried like, well, a baby, the first time he saw me holding you and I was sure jealousy would be a huge issue for him, but a few hours later he was kissing your head and calling you sissy and he has loved you ever since. You are the first person he looks for when he wakes in the morning and the last person he says good night to at night. I don't think I am his favorite person anymore.

We looked forward to your arrival for so long and are now absolutely giddy (when we're not bone tired) getting to know you and learn the girly way of things. I anticipate much more pink in the coming months. This first month has been pretty much the basic eat,sleep, poop, and cry of all newborns, I feel the real fun is just beginning. Can't wait to see what month two brings us.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

She is adorable

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

She's so gorgeous!! What a sweet post too. Sorry about all the crying but hopefully it'll all stop (or at least quiet some) in another month or two:)
Our Thomas adventure took place in a city called Peninsula. It's about 20 miles south of Cleveland. The boys had a blast and now Jason wakes up every morning wanting to know if Thomas is coming to his house.

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Such a cutie! I just love that picture.

Miss Hope said...

She is just a beauty. It's going to be a real chore for the big brothers to keep the boyfriends away later on.

I, too, had a wild time going from Barbies and bows with two girls to trucks and lizards with a boy. I made the comment during my pregnancy I was afraid I would dress him in pink out of habit! I haven't. And he's all boy.