I was tagged by Sadie with the eating out meme. These are the rules:
1. Link to the name of the person who tagged you.
2. Include the state and country you’re in.
3. List your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location (locally).
4. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.
I live in Houston, Texas.
1. Gaidos in Galveston We dont' go there very often as it's a little damaging to the old pocketbook, but the food is good, the atmosphere is nice, and we enjoy watching the water from our table. I order the Shrimp Michael with Parmesan Tomatoes everytime. Geez, I would love some of that right this very minute.
2. The Mediterranean Chef We just stumbled upon this place one afternoon. It's in what appears to be a small house and you can just drive right past it and not know it's there. Wonderful hummus and awesome dolmas and the waitresses always give Jacob an order of baklava for free and he allows them to love all over him, even when he was two and hated ladies.
3. Capones Pizza Pub For the best NY style thin crust pizza, this is the place. It's close to home, too, so you can't beat that. They also have great buffalo wings. We don't eat in many places anymore, the kids make that experience less than enjoyable, but we'll take them into Capones with a thought. It has a great atmosphere, they have the table trivia games, and now that I am not pregnant, I can enjoy their pitcher specials one day.
4. La Casita An old work friend brought me here right after Jacob was born. I never would have found it otherwise as it's out in the boonies, in a neighborhood next to the owner's home. There's a picture of the casat of Apollo 13 on the wall who they say ate there frequently while they filmed at NASA. There is even a Tom Hanks special on the menu (three chicken enchiladas). We quit our old favorite mexican for this one.
5. Central Texas BBQ It's a little further away than I am willing to drive most of the time, but the meat is good and the sides are better. I could live on their stuffed jalapenos and potatoes.
I tag everybody because everyone lives somewhere different
This is Three (Again)
19 hours ago