Wednesday, April 12, 2006

American Idol Recap

What's going on with American Idol this season? It was one thing to have them do fifties tunes and broadway tunes a couple seasons ago. I can see where they might want to feel their range and all, but QUEEN? Whose idea was that? Don't get me wrong...I LOVE Queen. I think I have all their albums (do people use the word album anymore?), but did I really need to hear the contestants totally butcher my beloved songs? It was bad enough when they allowed David Bradford to turn Crazy Little Think Called Love into a swing ballad, but really now.....QUEEN? Here is my recap for anyone who is interested.

Bucky: I don't care for Bucky, he seems like a nice guy and I would probably sit down next to him in a bar and carry on a great conversation with him, but he cannot sing...at all. I love Fat Bottomed Girls, though, and was glad someone sang it.
Ace: I don't even remember what he sang, I just remembering thinking WHAT? He is so darn cute though, I wish he could entertain me more so I would want to vote for him.
Kellie: Bohemian Rhapsody is a great song. When Ryan Seacrest announced she was singing it I almost turned the channel, but she did better than I expected. It wasn't great by any means, but it could have been so much worse coming from her. That dumb hick routine she has going on is really getting on my nerves. I come from smack dab in the middle of Hickville, West Virginia and I don't act like that. I might like her more if she would quit that.
Chris: What was up with that makeup? He certainly doesn't need any and if I were him I would steer clear of the makeup people next week. Innuendo is a good song, but he could have picked something so much better, I figured he would choose I Want It All, would have suited him better.
Katherine: I love the song she sang when Queen sings it.
Eliot: Somebody To Love is one of my favorite Queen songs, I am glad he chose it, but it wasn't his best performance. Since he was in the bottom three last week, this may be his downfall.
Taylor: I think he had too much to drink at dinner. He tried to kick the mike stand down and totally missed. At least he has a sense of humor about himself and can laugh it off. He did pretty good though. I like Taylor, he is different and entertaining but I don't think he will be the American Idol.
Paris: I don't remember what she sang either, but I remember thinking she seemed a lot older than 16, I like her cute and sweet, not dark and serious. Do they have to run the wardrobe selections by the parents? If so, I cannot believe her mom allowed her to stand up in front of the entire country dressed like she was about to bring out the whips and chains.
My favorite songs...Killer Queen and It's a Kind of Magic didn't even make it. I bet Mandisa would have done one of those.

No comments: