Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thursday Thoughts


YEAH! Kellie was finally voted off last night! Now they can get the actual competition going without all that distracting stupidity. What was up with the judges apologizing to Katherine? She wasn't that good. I wonder who's paying them to do that?

The grandparents have been here the past few days and the kids have loved every minute of it. I haven't had to raise my children ever since they got here. No baths, no making of dinner, no sleep rituals. I actually had free time, didn't know what to do with it, but there was free time. So this must be what life is like with a nanny......AH, to be Britney Spears for a day.

I had to go in this morning to get my handprints taken. No I didn't commit a crime, they are doing some sort of Mother's Day project at Jacob's school. We had to come in early to get it done. I have to say, as much as I have loved JACOB'S school experience and his teachers, who are absolutely divine, I have hated MY experience there. I have never been around so many pretentious and snooty women in all my life. And I belonged to a sorority for goodness sakes! The other mothers say nothing to me. If I say hello, they turn the other way. I actually had one lady push me out of the way today as I was signing Jacob in so SHE could sign in. I just stood there, dumbfounded. I have nothing to add to a conversation about weekly botox injections and facial peels, which I hear are a bargain at 125 bucks a pop! My kid wears no Tommy Hilfiger. We don't have the deluxe Rainbow playset and wouldn't have room for it if we did. BUT, I have a kid, same age as theirs who likes to play with their kids, so for that reason only WHY can't they make the effort? I would love to have some of those boys over to play this summer, but they didn't even come to his awesome birthday party, why would they come to my small house in the subpar neighborhood? It's very frustrating for me and I am glad I only have to go see those people seven more times.

Well, we are going to the lake this afternoon. The weather is supposed to be horrible, but I hope to put my temporary nannies to good use and veg out in the recliner with this, this and this. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

YEAH!!!! When you have watched Gilmore Girls 20 times over I want it!!!!!!!!!

Celeste

Shane H. said...

I just love reading your posts. They're so comical! I just got "Knitting for Dummies" on half.com. You go girl & enjoy your time "off."