Thursday, April 06, 2006

Back to the Drawing Board



Jacob is really into the drawing thing now. We have gone through three packages of manila paper and two packages of construction paper just this week. He has now had to resort to sidewalk chalk outside. Our driveway has become the Island of Sodor complete with train sheds, a quarry, and Sir Topham Hatt. I just pray it doesn't rain soon. Jacob would be so heartbroken, he has worked so hard on it.


I did nothing on my Motivated Moms calendar yesterday except feed pets. After our weekly pilgrimage to the library, we had a picnic lunch and drew all afternoon. I felt very slothlike, but I so enjoy hanging outside with my guys. We even went to Cici's for dinner, Jacob's pick. I hate the place, but at least I didn't have to cook or clean up afterwards.

When I dropped Jacob off at school this morning I noticed there were birthday invitations in some of the cubbies. Of course, Jacob didn't get one. This is my biggest pet peeve and I intend to go in and talk with the director one day next week. It is just unfair in my opinion.

1 comment:

Celeste Creates said...

Too sad, Andria! I hate that they would make Jacob feel left out in that way. I remember that feeling when I was in school and I hated it. I pray your experience for Kindergarten will be better. It just doesn't seem right.